“This is a favorite of ours to visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meadow Creek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine
Meadow Creek
You added Meadow Creek to your Saves list
13438 U.S. Highway 285, Berry Hill Lane at Douglass Ranch Drive, Pine, CO 80470   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Pine B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“This is a favorite of ours to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I went here for the first time about 5 years ago. We now go at least once a year. It's very peaceful and the breakfast the next morning is always wonderful. We stay in a different room each visit, and we haven't been in a room we didn't love yet! We always look forward to seeing Rob and Kelly Anne, the dog that always greets us and usually spends some time with us during our visit. We go here for the escape it provides from the hustle and bustle of the city and our everyday lives, and it always exceeds our expectations and tranquility and beauty.

Room Tip: The Room in the Meadow has the best privacy, being that it's separated from every other room by...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Let me start by saying I NEVER write reviews on any of these sites, good or bad, but I had to write about and spread the GOOD WORD about Meadow Creek B&B!! :D

My husband and I have stayed there a handful of times for quiet, relaxing, weekend getaways (our favorite room is the Sun Suite!) and every time was nothing short of amazing. And every time my husband and I were welcomed with open arms by Rob and his staff and of course the family dog, Kelly the "official" inn greeter. This hidden gem is close enough to civilization (stores, restaurants, shopping, etc...), yet off the main highway so you feel like you are in your own little world. The breakfast was always great too

When my now husband asked to marry me, we didn't think twice as to where we would hold our wedding this past July (2013), but of course at Meadow Creek. The day was nothing short of amazing, just like all our other stays. Rob and the staff went out of their way - and over my expectations - to make our day special and the wedding party feel very welcomed.

My husband and I will be back next year to celebrate our 1 yr anniversary.

Room Tip: -The Sun Suite is HUGE with your own personal sauna and hot tub in the room! The bed is sooo comfy...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our second stay at Meadow Creek. Our first time was almost 3 years to the month and day. Meadow Creek looks and feels the same. It is located in a beautiful secluded area off Hwy 285. If you travel to Meadow Creek for the first time and it is at night you really have to pay attention because the markings are small and at night can be overlooked. We had no trouble this time, but the first time we spent a bit too much time once we got off the hwy. The signage is small, but worth the drive.

We were given an early as we like check in by Rob due to the fact that the Room In The Meadow was not booked the night before. Thanks Rob! We checked in around 10 am. Upon arrival everything looked as it did 3 yrs, ago and was very familiar to us and we liked that because we had such good memories of Meadow Creek and our previous stay. A side note we are not bed and breakfast people as a rule, but do like Meadow Creek. Check in was fast and easy! Rob greeted us and we were at the Room In The Meadow in no time.

There is a private parking space for Room In The Meadow guest at the foot of the walkway that leads to the Room. This cabin is separated from the main lodge where the other rooms are and behind the staff quarters. The Room In The Meadow was just as we left it 3 yrs earlier, exactly!. It has a nice deck with a small table and two chairs for watching for wildlife and having wine, playing scrabble, or just chilling. One thing I remembered from our previous trip and was curious about was the chairs on the deck for the table was if they were as uncomfortable as I remembered? They were. I know this is not a big deal or a deal breaker, but the chairs have you sitting in a too upright position and are small and somewhat uncomfortable to really relax in. (FYI-We are not big people either) One of the two rules at Meadow Creek is "relax". It did not keep us from sitting in them, but it is a nice deck with a nice view and it would be great if the table were a little bigger and the chairs more suited for really hanging out in. They have enough room they might even add a few separate chairs for just kicking back in. Not a real big deal, but a suggestion. The Room In The Meadow interior is very comfortable and our pick of rooms at Meadow Creek. Very nice floor to ceiling windows at the front for great viewing with two comfortable chairs in the sitting area on either side of a table and lamp.
We immediately notice the guest book in the RIM and were surprised to find that after three years the book had our previous comments from Aug. 6 2010 still in their. That was nice but after three years I thought it would have been a new book. I guess a lot of people do not comment on their stay. We do and did again and like reading what other people have to say.
The bed is very comfortable. Lots of pillows and great bedding. We sleep extremely well here! The wardrobe for clothes is small and doubles as storage for games and vacumn. Do not bring a lot of clothes for hanging room is minimal. We didn't! Hey your in the mountains and that's ok! There is an area with sink, microwave, coffee maker, and a mini fridge. Two coffee cups, wine glasses, champagne glasses and cork screw are provided as is a roll of paper towels. A few Folgers coffees and teas are provided as well. We would like to see an upgrade to maybe a Keurig or at least a more gourmet offering of coffees and teas. There is plenty of room on the counter to set things on and still have room. A few things we thought would be nice were a couple plates and some cutlery. A small cutting board is provided but nothing to cut with and nothing to eat what you might bring with you for snacking or having with wine. You do have access to the Lodge's kitchen 24/7, but sometimes you don't want to walk back up there and look for it. Just a suggestion Rob! The hot tub located in the RIM is very nice and works well. It is really nice at night with the skylight above it opened and the cool mountain air coming in over the steam from the tub. Two big towels are provided and it is perfect!
The bathroom is nice size for the proportion of the size of the RIM. A hair dryer is provided and a bath towel each as wash clothes and hand towels. We wish they would put a few extra's in the room somewhere because there is no maid service so you would have to ask Rob for more if needed and the stay more than a couple of nights. The shower, no tub, is small. You do not have a lot of room to move around in. Remember this was a turkey coop at one time. If you are a big person it might be pretty tight! We managed fine, but you don't have a lot of arm room- enough though! The soap, shampoo and conditioner could be upgraded to a better brand. We expect for someplace so special as Meadow Creek that they could indulge in this area and make the experience even more pleasant. One bar of soap for the vanity and it looks cheap to us. None for the shower separate. A bottle of soap gel is also provided. An improvement in this area would go a long way with guest, we believe.
The main Lodge allows access 24/7 to all guests if you want to hang out there you can or if you need something from the kitchen you can have access to that also. The information says pastries and snack available anytime. We were disappointed in the quality of these. They have a cookie jar with a dozen or so cookies out of a bag and a plate of snack cakes that are also nothing special. We think the could raise the bar and the experience by improving in this area. The information also says water, sodas, and limited mixers would also be available 24/7, but the small refrigerator that would have houses these was empty our whole stay.
Both times we have stayed here there have only been a few other guest while we were there and the place seems empty. I know they do have events and Meadow Creek is booked more heavy and we were there during the week and not on weekends so it wasn't a busy time. I guess what I am trying to say is that for such few guest and for even a full house they need to raise the bar a little.
I mentioned earlier about the two rules at Meadow Creek. One is relax which is easily done and a great place to do it at. The other is do not be late for breakfast! 9 am. Our memory of breakfast was better the last time than this time. Both days we ate in the dining are than out on the deck. That is why you are here- to be outside and enjoy the surroundings and the outdoors. It was not too cool to eat outside either morning, but were told the first morning it was too cool when Rob got there. It would have been perfect, but I think since there were such few guest it was too much trouble. The breakfast itself could have been better. We remembered it as better. It's adequate, but nothing special and for a place that brags on it's breakfast and wants you to be there for it they should really make it special, they don't. Hash browns both days, eggs (scrambled, it's easiest), a pkg. muffin, sausage link one day, and a patty the next. The first day eggs were on top of a bun and the second were served by themselves with the sides. The fruit and yogurt were the winner, but the cut fruit with apples were not. Breakfast is a miss for it being made such a big deal of. Raise the bar and especially when you are only cooking for a few people or a full house.
My hat is off to Robb for he seems to me the only one running the show here. He cooks, he manages the desk, he interacts with the guest, He is Meadow Creek as far as I am concerned. The staff ( a couple) seem to have nothing to do with running the place or so it seems. The girl hopped in the car a few times and left, then saw her coming out of the lodge one morning. The guy we saw carrying a bucket around and then on the last morning starting the lawnmower. I am sure they do more, but that is between him the them.
I am not trying to write a negative review, but be honest. None of the things we feel need improving will keep us from returning in the future. We just feel they should raise the bar and take it to the next level. We have traveled a lot and stayed at a lot of great places and may be a bit too critical. Meadow Creek is a beautiful place and we have now great memories from two trips there and hope to return to the Room In The Meadow in the future.
If you are looking for place to get away from it all and have a wonderful experience, Meadow Creek is it. You are a good host Robb, thanks again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This beautiful venue was quickly altered by Rob's negative attitude. I was surprised to see such positive reviews when my weekend was extremely uncomfortable. I was made to feel that our party was intruding although we were extremely careful to make sure all was clean and left better than we found "his house". People were trying their best to please Rob rather than enjoy their wedding and stay in this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
RobnJayne, Owner at Meadow Creek, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
We pride ourselves for being both engaging, yet professional in all our efforts to serve from 24 to 30 weekend weddings a year. We're sorry for the stated perception, knowing this couldn't have been any further from what we are about. I personally oversee all wedding operation plans, before, during and up to departure. This Includes, but not limited to being the head cook, pre-staging all rentals (wedding site and reception), bar service coordination and being available to assist those last minuet needs of any wedding event from morning to closing. Basically, I'm a "Hands On" Owner, grateful for the opportunity to serve and that business which select us, be it a simple romantic couple or the demands of a 100 guest occasion. We continue to be blessed with wonderful overnight BnB guests and of course wedding parties seeking a true oasis. We are very appreciative of all who select Meadow Creek as their destination . We are disappointed in these comments but will endeavor to improve and carrying forward our standing goals to please, knowing our hearts are truly focus to serve all who seek a special stay - Rob.
Bellflower, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

looked high and low for the perfect venue for our daughters wedding...and we found it!! Beautiful setting wonderful staff and one of the best breakfasts ever. Rob the Innkeeper was very accommodating. He knows his stuff! My husband and I will be back for some relaxing alone time very soon. We have also chosen the room. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very unique. The Room in the Meadow very good honeymoon suite. The Sun Suite was p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

When I need a " get away", I head to Meadow Creek for some rest and relaxation to rejuvenate my mind, body and soul. The staff's hospitality is always outstanding! My breakfast was full of flavor and there was more portion than I could ask for. I enjoy the mountain décor and how clean and crisp every thing was. My room and the bed was just what I needed! I sleep so hard and woke up feeling so refreshed and ready for a nice walk on the grounds taking in all of the wild life, the deer, elk, and hummingbirds; feed my soul. Meadow Creek has so much to offer, and the price makes it affordable for me to return thank goodness. Thank you

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Beautiful setting but the owner, Rob, did not make us feel at all welcomed. We were greeted with "extra charges" and accused of "not communicating" despite numerous phone calls, meetings, and emails. Bride ended up in tears. Guests staying at the lodge were given a lecture on the 'rules.’ The rules turned out to be so numerous and nit-picky that they became a standing joke amongst the bridesmaids/groomsmen. There are far more than the two mentioned online or in brochures: “We have Two Rules here at Meadow Creek: "Relax and be on time for Breakfast".” Rob provided some hints as to the importance of the second rule when he told us that breakfast would not be all-you-can-eat but rather just enough to hold us over. Who would actually say that aloud to paying guests?!! Translation: Be on time or there might be nothing left! Expect small portions with no hope for seconds. As a side note: the website proclaims, “Meadow Creek's friendly family staff is known locally for specialty dishes, such as Blueberry/Cheese filled French Toast and other homemade delights.” We got plain scrambled eggs, hash browns, some fruit, and miniature store-bought danish. I’ve had far better food and far friendlier service at Denny’s.

Overall, we felt like intruders rather than welcomed guests. Owner seemed unhappy the whole time. Rarely smiled, made eye contact, or responded to our polite greetings. Did not inquire as to our happiness. Berated his staff. Did not say good-bye or wish us well for the future. Overall a nasty undercurrent to a beautiful event.

The issue of wedding photos may become a problem. Rob obtained photos of the wedding from a guest for potential use in advertising. He did not ask our permission -- after receiving such poor treatment, we do not want our wedding used to lure future business.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near kitchen, great room, or decks if you want to sleep in -- noise travels easily esp...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Meado181, Owner at Meadow Creek, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Unfortunately, what we have here is a Mother and Bride "Tag Team" (a double complaint for the same event which seems unfair for any venue to be saddled with) who elected to berate me personally nationally (here & elsewhere - and what a fine job they have done) without regard to the facts on the matter of their group's overall experience. While we are not above reproach and we do try to constructively extract positives to be better hosts from all reviews, this is way over the top and it would not be prudent here to have to defend line item after item. Suffice to say, we're happy to address each and every indictment within both these tirades with anyone considering our services, in the hope of laying to rest obvious concerns which would normally be generated by such statements when read strictly on to themselves.

Been to Meadow Creek? Share your experiences!