“This is THE place to jump in Colorado!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Penrose
Type: Classes/Workshops, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: See the world in a new way as you make a skydive over beautiful, Southern Colorado. You'll experience a breathtaking ride to altitude including views of the Royal Gorge, Rocky Mountains and Arkansas River Valley. After freefalling for over a mile, you'll enjoy a peaceful canopy ride back to earth. For the thrill of a lifetime, come jump Out of the Blue!
Denver, Colorado
“This is THE place to jump in Colorado!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My partner and I had an absolutely STELLAR time jumping with Out of the Blue this weekend. The staff was friendly, personable, and eager to share the sport they so clearly love. Both the instructors we had were experienced and knowledgeable, which helped calm the nerves of this first-timer. The small company size means we got excellent, personalized service. The small plane held just the four of us (my partner and I along with our two tandem instructors) and the pilot, which absolutely made the jump feel like a special, private excursion.

Out of the Blue was DEFINITELY worth the two-hour commute from Denver - which was filled with gorgeous scenery and easy to drive. The view was topped off when our pilot took us over the Royal Gorge before we jumped out at 11,500 feet. I found myself giggling in excitement as my instructor took us on spiral turns under canopy, after an exhilarating 40 seconds of freefall, careening toward the earth at 120 mph. I could not have asked for a better first-time experience, and will be back just as soon as my bank account permits.

I would HIGHLY recommend Out of the Blue for anyone looking to get a taste of true adrenaline!

Visited July 2012

Ohio
“Great first jump!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I felt very safe at Out of the Blue. I had my first skydive with Marty and he clearly is an expert. All the staff there were so nice and friendly. Even though it was over 100 degrees today, they got us up safely and were so enthusiastic!

Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
“Wonderful New Skydiving Company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

3 of us jumped on 5/20/2012

I was planning on proposing to my gf after our first jump. Kendra, the owner, was extremely friendly, timely with her responses, and worked very hard to accommodate my requests.

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Kendra and staff. We were signed in and immediately began suiting up. We were then met by our instructors who were both a lot of fun and very entertaining. They both enjoy what they do and that made our experience incredible. Brian and JVH were the two instructors there.

The plane was a tight fit, but we flew over the Royal Gorge and got to see the skycoaster and suspension bridge from the air which was incredible. The jump was amazing! I landed first followed by the videographer. My gf landed and I proposed. She said yes! The weather was beautiful the mountains in the backgrounds made for incredible pictures! One of the best experiences of my life as well as the perfect proposal for my fiancee.

I was trying to decide between Mile-Hi and Out of the Blue, but I ultimately chose Out of the Blue due to their prices and the fact they were not a tandem factory.

I had a good feeling about them before I went, but they exceeded my every expectation. If I do come back to Colorado, I will be coming back to jump with them. Fantastic group of people who made this trip that much more incredible.

They recommended us to go to the Royal Gorge after we went Skydiving and at the end of the day were pretty much responsible for one of the best and most beautiful days in our lives.

Visited May 2012