“Great Snowmobile Tour!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Canyon Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Parshall
Aspen Canyon Ranch
You added Aspen Canyon Ranch to your Saves list
13206 County Road #3, Star Route, Parshall, CO 80468   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Snowmobile Tour!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I have done a number of snowmobile tours in the Summit County area over the last 20 years. Aspen Canyon Ranch is as good as it gets. We had a group of 7 guys and did the 3 hour tour. The trails were great, the views were spectacular. Our guide Jake took great care of us. I know some of the other tours I have done don't let you take the sleds wide open. We were able to go to a high meadow and let the sleds run wide open. Everyone had a great time. Our driver Rod ("Trout") picked us up at our lodge in Breckenridge and took us the 35 minute drive to the ranch then delivered us home after the tour. The drive alone was incredible. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

While vacationing in Breckenridge my brothers and I scheduled a snowmobiling tour at Aspen Canyon. The trip started with a great ride from our hotel to the ranch with our driver Rod (AKA Trout). While driving us over Rod gave us great info on the ranch and made the ride very pleasant. Then Jake gave us one of the best snowmobile tours ever. We had a great time! Would definitely do it again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went on a tour and had a great time. We went on some great trails and were able to see some spectacular views. We booked a 2 hour tour and were done 30 minutes early so more time to ride freely would have been nice. But overall it was a great time and Jake was very professional and knowledgeable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Harker Heights, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I, my wife and my 2 little boys (4 &5) wanted to try snowmobiling for the first time. The concierge at the Village hotel @ Breckenridge suggested Aspen Canyon Ranch (ACR). They made the reservation and ACR folks accommodated us with just 1 hour notice. ACR provided the two and fro transportation for free which is a 30 min scenic drive each way. The driver/guide gave us a brief history of the places we passed through. We geared up and our snowmobiling tour guide, Allen took us in a van. He is amazing and patient (you will see why). We have some jet ski experience but nothing else of this sort. I managed to do well but my wife struggled and was going very slow. The rest of the group are long gone and waiting for us at the next meeting point. We felt very sorry for holding the group up. I told Allen to please go ahead and not wait for us. But he suggested that he can leave his mobile and get on my wife's mobile and ride it by standing on it. He did that, the entire trip until we got back to where he left his mobile. My wife felt a little confident now and started driving/riding her mobile now with a little more pace. But when we are about 100 m to the end point, it pulled her to the left and even though she managed to stop at the edge, it slipped down the trail and stopped at a tree. My wife and kid were not hurt - thank God. The mobile didn't seem to have any damage and I took pictures and video. Allen came back and picked us up. The next group was waiting and got delayed mainly because of us. We felt bad. But neither Allen or Ryan(manager) didn't show any kind of frustration and were patient with us. Ryan mentioned that he will give us a call with the costs involved if any. We were worried how much we are going to be charged. A few days later I called Ryan (he lost our number) and he told me that there was minor damage and he won't charge for that and will be charging me only a small amount for the labor and time involved in pulling the mobile out. We were so relieved. I heard/read some bad experiences of such businesses ripping out customers in such situations. But, not Aspen Canyon Ranch. I felt very pleased by their honesty. They earned my trust and I strongly recommend them. Apart from the incident, we all enjoyed our first snowmobiling experience. The snowmobiles seem to be clean and in good condition. The trail was awesome. We took some excellent pictures. When we go there again, we will go back there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Snowmobiling was so much fun! Allen was a great guide and the trails were incredible. Rod picked us up at our hotel and was a blast. He was also nice enough to bring our sons cell phone that he left in the van back to us the next day. I hope we can go back during the summer. Thanks Aspen Canyon Ranch!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We did a two hour tour and it was incredible. Well worth every dollar spent. It is a well-run operation; the entire staff is friendly, thoughtful and expert. Not only did we have great fun, but the scenery is beautiful. We were a party of 6 adults and a child and the trip we did had enough thrills and speed to be fun, but safe. They provided snowsuits, boots and helmets. I just can't say enough positive about Aspen Canyon Ranch. We will return and we recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the ranch. We were there just for the tour.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I went on the snowmobile tour here and let me say what an experience!! Before our tour even started we were already having a blast. We were picked up at our condo and hour away and driven to the ranch complimentary. This part of the trip was just as exciting as the snowmobiling. Our driver Rod was incredible, super knowledgable of the area and made us feel like locals instead of tourists. The snowmobile tour was amazing as well and our guide Andy was great he took us through the most beautiful trails we have ever seen and had us stop every now and again for some great photo ops. We also had a second guide Matt who was very pleasant,experienced, and brought a lot of knowledge to the tour. We will certainly be coming back again and recommend to all!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aspen Canyon Ranch? Share your experiences!