“Beginners Snow Mobiling.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Canyon Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Parshall
Aspen Canyon Ranch
13206 County Road #3, Star Route, Parshall, CO 80468   |
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Beginners Snow Mobiling.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Visited start of December 2011.
Very out of the way ranch, but easy to get to and stunning scenery on route.
All the staff were very helpfull and the lodge an excellent starting point.
The free kit they give you to wear is awesomely warm and comfy.
The ride out the trailhead is only 5 minutes but a bit cramped in the van.
The snow mobiles all looked to be new and in excellent condition.
Initial instruction was a little limited, but as I thought it was eating into riding time I would not complain.
The guides were excellent and showed us some amazing places to explore.

Need not have been concerned about being short changed on a 2 hour ride, we were out and riding for at least the 2 hours it was advertised for, with the kitting up, travelling out to the trail head and the safety / instruction brief all being on top of that.

Not the very cheapest we found, but well well worth the money.

Loved it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Me and my Fiance went to Aspen Canyon Ranch in June for a nice and quiet relaxing week, and were nothing but pleased with our visit! The staff was really nice and helpful throughout our entire week stay. We loved the clean and rustic cabins, and took full advantage of the hot tub located in the middle of the woods! We were excited to find so many activities offered and enjoyed every one we participated in, including a wonderful horseback riding tour.

If you want to visit nature while having all the amenities of a comfortable vacation, this is the place to go!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

My friends and I came out in March to go snowmobiling - I hadn't been snowmobiling many times before this trip so I was a little nervous. The snow and trails were awesome. Ryan, our guide was friendly and hilarious. We had a great time and I will definitely come back again next season.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Our instructor and was very volgulor several times with my wife in regards to her driving the snow mobile.

We left a camera behind, I called the next day and asked them to please locate and mail back to me. Everything was going smoothly until our camera never showed up.

An employee tried to help me out but had no luck. He was the only nice person to talk on the phone there.

I explanied i still have not seen my camera yet. He replied that they did find our camera and he gave it to a driver to drop it off at Fed Ex and it should be in the mail.

Another week went by so I called again and he said the following "I can't located your camera and I don't have time to deal with it." He also told me he did not have a tracking # from Fed Ex.

So I called Fed Ex and they said there was nothing dropped off being delivered to my address. I asked even if it was a COD delivery and they replied it would have something in the system showing dropped off.

So be careful if you leave something behind and don't mind being talked like crap.

I hope this helps you in choosing who to snow mobile with.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

A group of my friends and I went riding with Aspen Canyon in mid March and had a great experience. We're experienced riders and had usually ride unguided rentals so were slightly apprehensive about going out on a tour. However, snowmobiling with these guides makes you glad you have one. We were out on a high performance tour with Ryan W. and John W. and they showed us some incredible terrain, let us ride to our abilities and rip it up, yet always kept our safety first. It was actually a better and more relaxed experienced than going unguided, knowing those guys knew the terrain, trails and snow conditions like the back of their hands.
As for the facilities, the Ranch itself is beautiful. Definitely an upgrade to check into a lodge like this versus just taking off from a trailhead. I almost wish we had more time to hang out there after the tour.
In conclusion, great trip with a great outfitter and great staff. I highly recommend Aspen Canyon.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Our trip to Aspen Canyon Ranch was awesome. The ranch is beautiful. It is family owned and run. All the people were wonderful. The ranch holds about 40 and there were about 30 when we were there. I liked the small size better (one of the reasons we pick Aspen Canyon) because you got to know everyone easier. The cabins were right on the river, so we could fall asleep to the rushing river. There were joining rooms for us and the kids, each with its own fireplace and bathroom. The horses were even tempered and well cared for. The wranglers did a great job of matching you with an appropriate horse (I’m a non rider, but my kids have been taking riding lessons). There was a choice of rides, from easy to adventurous and ones for the kids alone. The Jacuzzi along the river was great after a ride. There are plenty of activities to keep the kids busy when not riding. The food was wonderful and plentiful, like Mom making her best Sunday meal every day. There were rides up to the top of the mountain for dinner and one for breakfast, that were great fun and so different. The view from everywhere is so beautiful. I would definitely recommend Aspen Canyon Ranch for a family or even an adults only vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

I booked our family vacation at Aspen Canyon Ranch after an exhausting search on line. There are so many to choose from that it would be easy to give up. Just start with Aspen Canyon and if you don't find that it has everything you would like, then continue your search. It is a family run ranch. Steve oversees everything along with Deb his wife who also does the cooking. Their four children who range from college age to 15 are wranglers there. It is a smaller ranch holding about 40 or so. This made it very comfortable and home-like. The cabins are spacious and well maintained. Each one has a fireplace. Three cabins are duplexes sharing one wall. There is a wrap around deck on three sides. They have two houses for larger groups. There are hot tubs between the cabins which feels rather nice after a day of riding. The river runs along the property behind the cabins so you can fall asleep to the sound of rushing water. The horses were all well kept and cared for. This is not a nose to tail riding ranch. Only if the trail is narrow do you need to go directly behind the horse in front of you. Otherwise it was side by side with many opportunities to lope and trot. In the loft of the barn they have a pool table and a ping pong table along with an area for crafts if it is raining. They give fly fishing lessons, have skeet shooting, archery, swimming, etc. They do an overnight ride with a campout that was very fun. The thing that surprised us the most was the food. It was excellent. Every meal was flawless. The first night we had prime rib, chicken, mashed potatoes, and salad. There is always fruit in a basket and drinks available. Deb makes home made cookies each day and they are delivered to your cabin each day. We came away saying it was our best vacation ever. I can't think of anything they could improve upon.

• Liked — Very clean
  • Disliked — They do not recycle yet.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aspen Canyon Ranch? Share your experiences!