“Great simple, inexpensive hotel for a commuter” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Parker

Super 8 Parker
You added Super 8 Parker to your Saves list
Super 8 Parker
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6230 East Pine Lane, Parker, CO 80138 (Formerly Microtel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Parker
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great simple, inexpensive hotel for a commuter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

I stay at this hotel frequently, as my job brings me to the southeast Denver area regularly for overnight stays. The hotel rooms are simple, but clean and neat. No amenities - no frig or microwave or extra pillows, etc. Just a bed, closet, couch (if requested), desk, TV, and a functional bathroom, for under $70 a night. A small breakfast selection is provided starting at 6 am. One drawback is the fact they have no gym or workout facility. Another drawback, sometimes a big issue, is the amazingly thin walls. I can hear every aspect of my neighbors' conversations as well as the TV, and have twice had to call the front desk to ask them to call the offending room. I know the front desk called, because I could hear the neighbor's phone ring and then hear the guest say something like "Oh, I'm sorry." Outside views aren't good, but in some rooms one gets a nice morning view of the front range if you lean in toward the window and look out. Otherwise, it's a gas station and an old strip mall. Location is good, close to the toll road. Road noise has never been an issue for me during my stays. Overall, for a commuter like me or anyone looking for a simple clean place for a short stay, this is a good hotel. If you stay there, please be quiet, though!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

The Microtel provided a convenient location to relatives' house for a weekend visit, but I would forgo the location for a better place to stay.

While our room was clean, there were next to no amenities, whatsoever. No extra blankets or pillows, no shampoo/conditioner/lotion in the bathroom (only 2 bars of soap), and no tissues (other than toilet paper). The front desk couldn't bring us up shampoo when we called down and asked; we had to go downstairs to pick up the 1 travel sized bottle they provided us (for two people for two nights!).

The room had a double door connecting to the room next door, but we were only using one room, so kept the door closed. Our neighbors were on the phone at 2:45 and 4:45 in the morning, and we could hear every single word of their conversation. They also had a dog and a baby in the room that were barking or crying, respectively, at intervals throughout the night. I realize particular guests' behaviors are not the fault of the hotel, and to their credit, they did call our neighbor to try to get her to speak more quietly on her early morning phone conversations after we called the front desk and requested this. However, a little more insulation would have gone a long way in this hotel.

Overall, not a place I would recommend. Outdated furnishings, zero amenities, and THIN walls!

• Stayed March 2006
Cupertino, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2004

The rooms are okay but definitely nothing special. It is a small step up from Motel 6. There was no ironing board in the room. There was no Internet connection. It is near the freeway, which could mean it's a bit loud for some. I faced toward the freeway, with a rather un-scenic view of the back of an old strip mall which seemed to have some construction going on. If I was trying to save money, I might stay here again. Otherwise, I would look for something else nearby.

Been to Super 8 Parker? Share your experiences!