“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Parachute

You added Days Inn & Suites Parachute to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Parachute
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Grand Valley Way, Parachute, CO 81635 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Parachute)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Parachute
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here on a cross country road trip. This was a very nice hotel. The staff was very nice and the rooms were clean!! They were also very reasonably priced. I would even say we got more than we paid for. I would recommend anyone traveling along I-70 to stop and stay here.

Room Tip: The King room was awesome!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tammy P, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Parachute, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your gracious review. The housekeeping and front-desk staff take pride in the job they do. Your comments will be shared and passed on to them. It's guests like you that make it fun to be in hospitality. We wish you well in all your travels. Please come again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice, very clean room. We stayed on our way back to Nebraska from Las Vegas. The front desk staff was probably the nicest I have ever encountered. Amenities were nice, rooms were nice, staff was great! Would definitely stay again if passing through. It is right off of I-70.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammy P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Parachute, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. We value positive feedback as it feeds the soul and lets the team know that they are recognized for going the extra mile. When you hear great job from your manager it is OK but when you hear "The front desk staff was probably the nicest I have ever encountered." by our guest, It leaves us speechless.
Thank you so much and we look forward to your return.
Warm Regards
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped at this hotel while traveling. It was a great hotel. Stacey at the front desk went out of her way to help us. When we had a problem with our Holiday Inn reward program, she called and had it all settled for us when we returned from dinner. We had a very clean room and it was quiet and comfortable. The hotel was just off of I70.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am so pleased to know that our team took great care of you.I look forward to posting this review on our brag board so all of out team members know " caring matters " and that If you love what you do .....you never work a day in your life.
P.S We value your loyalty to IHG Rewards Club
Warm Regards,
Crested Butte, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you are looking for a peaceful, restful hotel stay along I-70 in west central Colorado, you should seriously consider this hotel in Parachute, CO. Located between the much busier stops of Grand Junction and Glenwood Springs, the HI Express in Parachute is a gem of an alternative. I had driven 12+ hours from central Arizona and I was looking for just such a hotel. Without a reservation, I was placed in a nicely furnished room, with excellent TV and internet, away from the normal hotel noise (stairs, elevator, ice machine, vending etc.). Sensing that I really did not want to get back in my car, the front desk clerk recommended a local, family restaurant/bar right across the street. I had a wonderful meal followed by a blissful night's sleep. In the morning, the hotel provided a full buffet-style breakfast with more than one main selection. Throughout my two day stay, the management and staff were highly competent, courteous and willing to assist in any way possible. In each and every aspect, this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: If you are anti-smoking request non-smoking floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tammy P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Parachute, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and services. We were humbled by your kind remarks.

My colleagues and I recognize the tremendous amount of lodging options available in our city. We are thankful you found us and honored for the opportunity to have earned your trust.
Faaborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nice hotel, half a mile from I 70. The Hotel was clean and with a fine indoor pool and spa. With the distance to the Interstate it was in silent surroundings. The breakfast was better than normal motel standard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Page, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed in room 313 (they said because it was their only non-smoking king) but it was next to a bank of smoking rooms. The doors are hung poorly and at night you can see the gaps on all sides of the doors that let the smoke out of the smoking rooms - into the hallway - and then into the non-smoking rooms. The draperies in our "non-smoking" room reeked of stale ciggie smoke.

When we'd open the door to leave the room we'd be hit with a wall of ciggie smoke stink in the hallway. Same returning to out room when the elevator door opened into the hallway. No clue why they put a non-smoking room on the same floor as so many smoking rooms. The owner's attitude towards smoking was probably explained by the pack of Marlboros on the front desk counter.

The wifi struggled to get one little dot. Even in the lobby the wifi was just one little dot. Low bidder got the wifi contract. Why do they advertise wifi if there is no signal? Clerks were very nice and mumbled something about getting an upgrade soon.

A good breakfast set up and a good tv in the room were the highlight.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke stay off the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Parachute, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Riverkilt,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the smell of your room and the WIFI connection. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know how big the town of Parachute actually is, but I never saw it. I believe this is one of your two options for accomodations that I saw- one across from another. The scenery was exquisite, with the backdrop of the mountains in the background of the hotel in the valley. An odd situation at check-in for me made it strange, but the hotel manager quickly remedied the situation by giving me another room of my choosing. It was very clean and updated with details that you would expect from a more expensive hotel. The room was The staff was very helpful in accomodating a quick strategy session and business services in the breakfast room the night before our meeting. The pool was clean and workout facility was adequate for a quick cardio routine. The breakfast was quick with some of my favorite cheese omletes and sausage patties along with fruit and yogurt. It was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Third floor to get out from under other visitors, but it opens you up a little to the highway noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn & Suites Parachute? Share your experiences!