“Overpriced and underwhelming” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 13 restaurants in Palisade
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Resrtaurant located in the Wine Country Inn.
Exlisstar
“Overpriced and underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I dined at Caroline's for a date night because we wanted to try something new in the Grand Junction area. I have had wine at the tapas bar at the Wine Country Inn and had high hopes for their new restaurant. Let me start out with the good - the service was very good. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive, but not overly so. The Colorado wine selection was excellent. Now for the bad - our caprese salad came with pale, mealy tomatoes. I had the halibut, which was bland and dry, dry, dry. My husband had the lamb special - the lamb was mostly bone and fat. Each entree came with a paste-like mound of mashed potatoes. All of it boring and uninspired. If it weren't for the kind service and nice atmosphere, the evening would have been a total bust. Still, a disappointing meal for a premium cost.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Lafayette, Colorado
“Super good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

If you want solid cuisine with a friendly, informative waiter, this is the place for you. The prices were not too bad for the great food that was presented. There was an idiot next to us complaining about too many peppercorn (which we laughed about all night) and the waiter took it very well. I was so impressed with his demeanor I tipped him extra. The streak was not as tender as I would have hoped, but the sauce (peppercorns and all) was unreal. We nearly licked the plate clean. Desert was also to die for.

Visited June 2012