“Meadery visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 23 Activities in Palisade
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw Orange Blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit 'n honey wines. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry & peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop in to our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complimentary tastes of our mead.
Buffalo, New York
“Meadery visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Warm and enthusiastic visit to the Meadery. Our host was very pleasant and informative. Love the wine and the jalapeño honey butter and pecan honey butter!

Denver, CO
28 attraction reviews
“Different experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

than wine... Mead is made from honey and as we were told has been around longer than wine!!

if you like sweet, this is the place for you. Great selection with very good people.

they were part of the 50% off annual sale so buying was very reasonable.

will certainly be back!!

Palisade, Colorado
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place. The wine is delicious being that its made of honey and the staff a and owner are fabulous

Longmont, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“"So much to choose from"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Meadery was a total delight. There were so many different meads to choose from, it made it difficult to decide. Of course, you get to taste before you buy. 5 tastes are complimentary and then a $1.00 for every taste after that. It is suggested that you try the meads in the order that they are presented to you for optimal balance.
The place was clean and neat and the staff were really friendly and helpful, answering any questions you may have.
I look forward to going back on my next trip to Palisade!

Visited March 2013
CHEYENNE
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

So glad we stopped at this wonderful place. I learned a lot about how Honey Wine is made and then to taste it was fantansic. Cindy was super. I had heard about Honey Wine and we went out specifically to find this Meadery and so glad we did. I had selected four bottles and was ready to pay up when Cindy had me just try the "Honey Sher'e"...oh my it is to die for!! So I left with five bottles instead of the four!! Thanks Cindy..I am sure we will be ordering online and maybe even join your wine club! Great place to visit!

Visited October 2013

Been to Meadery of the Rockies? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Meadery of the Rockies, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.