“Buzzzzzing for Mead” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Palisade
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw Orange Blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit 'n honey wines. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry & peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop in to our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complimentary tastes of our mead.
Siren, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Buzzzzzing for Mead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am a fan of mead to beging with, so it didn't take any convincing to get me to stop at the Meadery of the Rockies. I loved trying the blends of mead with fruit, I am not sure which was my favorite, maybe the raspeberry chocolate. The woman doing the pouring was busy as a bee, but had a smile and answered any questions we had, she was a gem. The shop had lots of fun gifts; I discovered Honeyville Colorado's Mountain Peach Whipped Wildflower Honey....so good I bought three jars!

Visited August 2013

Thornton, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Chocolate Cherry Honey Wine?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am not a chocolate fan, so when my parents brought me a bottle of the Chocolate Cherry Satin I shared it with a friend who is a chocolate lover. We were both so impressed by this sweet wine with just a hint of chocolate that we had to make this a stop on our road trip last week. The samples we tasted made it hard to choose just one or two to return home with, but we finally left with a bottle of Guinevere from their Camelot collection. There is more than just wine in this great little shop, we bought tea and honey products as well. The Meadery staff was awesome too. We will be back!

Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
“How Sweet it Is!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The wines here were awesome and the staff was so friendly and helpful explaining each wine. We were able to sample several different wines to make our decision. Just a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend this place. Don't miss it!!!

Visited June 2013
“Great wine, friendly people and a definite will do again experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great wine and great experience!! Staff greeted us as we entered. The history of each wine was explained and we were given the opportunity to try several of their excellent wines. Highly recommended stop and one we will definitely making again!!

Denver, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
“BEE-u-tiful Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent wines and friendly staff abound at the meadery. We love the Guinevere and Camelot meads the most! The fruit and honey meads are also delicious. We will definately be back!