“Yum! Sweet Dessert Wine!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Palisade
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw Orange Blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit 'n honey wines. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry & peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop in to our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complimentary tastes of our mead.
Denver
3 attraction reviews
“Yum! Sweet Dessert Wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stopped off at this winery in Palisade and I have to say I wasn't familiar with what a mead was until then nor honey wine. But I can say, if you haven't tried it and you enjoy dessert wines, DO IT!!! You will love it!! The honey mead was incredible and I've bought several bottles now based on the taste. They also sell a lot of other items made with fresh honey and decorative items. The staff was very accommodating in trying their wines too, which made it a very enjoyable visit. If you are traveling thru Palisade, put this on your places to stop. Enjoy!

Visited May 2012

Salt Lake City, Utah
20 attraction reviews
“Honey mead.....yes please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

One of my fave stops. We bought the Camelot, Blackberries N honey, and their chocolate cherry satin. It taste just like a cherry cordial candy.

Very friendly staff, 5 free samples and reasonable prices.

They also have amazing honey lotion. I had to get a few of them. :)

Visited May 2012
Howell, New Jersey
“Wonderful Wines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Love, love, love the Meadery of the Rockies. We are from Jersey, and never experienced the delicious wines found in the Meadery until one day, while visiting our daughter and her family, we came upon the store, and felt compelled to stop and sample some of their wines. To die for! As we were staying in Colorado for the week, we stocked up on several bottles and enjoyed the experience all week long.

Unfortunately, New Jersey does not allow shipping of wine from out of state to the Garden State, so we can only enjoy this pleasure when we visit Fortunately, that is several times a year.

We'll be going back to the Meadery of the Rockies, and all who travel out to the wineries of Colorado should do the same.

Visited March 2012
Littleton, Colorado, United States
“One of the best places to visit....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Excellent Wine, and AMAZING service. Glenn Foster knows how run a business, and he will make you feel warm and welcome. One of our favorites!

Visited February 2012
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Wonderful Place for something different.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Im from Hawaii, so this was a nice treat for me to find. We cant get these bottles here. I tried a wide range of there meads and bought 2 bottles to take home with me back to Hawaii. Since it is different, it was a huge hit at a dinner party I hosted. Deffentily coming back for more.

Visited February 2012