“A gem away from the attractions.” 5 of 5 stars

HillSide Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2 Solomon Dr., Hwy. 160 W., Pagosa Springs, CO 81147   |
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
san diego, ca
“A gem away from the attractions.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Our stay at the Hillside Inn was nothing short of refreshing. It is located away from the hype of central Pagosa Springs but is all you need. We found our rooms very comfortable and clean, and the staff were more than helpful. We do come to Pagosa Springs every couple of years, and I think we found our go-to hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

Hotel Rooms Unclean-
Stained sheets, covers, bedskirt;curtains;"food" on the curtain pull; stain on wall near the TV;counter and edge in the bathroom was caked with dirt; switchplate in bathroom dirty;telephone disgusting;
Chair-huge stain;pull nob from the sink stopper was not there; all the vending machines were out of order; We were given another room and the rate was discounted $12-15 however the second room was dirty as well but not to the extent of the first room. If it hadn't been so late in the day we would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

This was a new Holiday Inn Express that was still under construction. It's conveniently located close to the interstate and to the springs. The room was larger and nicer than I had expected. The lady at the front desk was very kind. The overall feel of the hotel was excellent. Although I did not use it, the pool looked very clean and kept. The only thing I disliked was the TV because of the bad reception. The lack of programming did not help but that was not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We were on a Motorcycle trip and passed through Pagosa Springs and stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and found it to be very pleasant. I do not know what the others are talking about. I found the gentlemen to be polite when I asked questions. I find that if you are polite you will have the same courtesy returned to you. It is an older place that has been renovated. At the moment they are redoing the stucco on the outside. We were there on the weekend, so no work was being done. The breakfast was fine, yes, the breakfast room is small but that was the only disadvantage.. The pool was the cleanest one that I had soon on our trip. It is large and as I swim daily, I took advantage of that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I travel ~80% of the time for business and stay in HEI and Hamptons.

I booked this room with HEI points. Upon check in this inn keeper started the greeting by how much he hated Holiday Inn, how they cheated him, how he was sabotaging the franchise agreement.

At 1 AM drunks came into the room next to ours and started screaming and banging on the walls. I called the front desk for 15 minutes, no answer. I got dressed and went downstairs to find the night clerk who was in a different area and couldn't hear the phone. After several calls and trips she resolved the noise around 2:45 AM.

Mattress in the king room was worn out, full of ridges and valleys.

The next morning I asked the owner if I could get credit for the night since we didn't sleep very much past the incident and explained the circumstances. The inn keeper stated that we didn't leave and find another hotel, then no refund and continued to state that it was a free night what did I expect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Kiwi in Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

I'm not sure where the previous poor reviews have come from. Yes, there is no fridge. Yes the rooms are smaller than some hotels in this price bracket.

However, our room was clean, the decor was in good condition, and we had no problem with noise. The indoor swimming pool was large, well lit and airy and our kids loved it.

There is no lift, however, there is a ramp halfway down the one wing that you can wheel your cases up if necessary.

All in all - good value and representative of what to expect in this proce bracket.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

Less than acceptable. One of our keys didn't work. Pool area unkept with jets not working in hot tub. Staff busy with outside interests, not attentive. Terrible morning breakfast with rotten
tangerines and stale bread items.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to HillSide Inn? Share your experiences!