“Flavor!” 5 of 5 stars

970.731.3012
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Capitan, NM
“Flavor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

If you don't like Mexican food, I'd highly recommend you find another place to eat, Boss Hog's suggested. If you do like Mexican food..... this is the place to go!

The food here is flavored just right, you can elect to eat either on the deck or inside. The service is very good, along with nice atmosphere. For what more could you ask?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Upstate NY
“Viva Ramon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

First things first: it's "Ramon's", as in the Spanish equivalent of Raymond, not "Ramone's" -- and, it is a WINNER. My wife and I are Mexican food enthusiasts -- at least, as much as one can be, in upstate NY -- and have enjoyed great Tex-Mex and Cal-Mex dinners on this current western swing. Ramon's is at the top of the list. We were seated immediately, had the full attention of two waiters (the place was moderately busy), and thoroughly enjoyed the food and drinks. My enchiladas suizas were wonderful; my wife's combination plate equally so, and our starter (taquitos) was memorable. Prices were moderate, the setting quite pleasant, and compared to the bland and starchy glop that masquerades as Mexican food in all too many places, the cooking here was subtle and delicious from start to finish. I believe this establishment is the lone Colorado outpost of a small chain with three other California affiliates; I certainly wish they'd build another one near us. If you are in Pagosa Springs, don't miss it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque
“Top notch food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

My wife and I were very pleased w/ our meal at Romones, especially after our disapointing meal @ Boss Hog's. We were seated right away and the the great service began! They had good chips and salsa at the table. I ordered a beer and the waitor literally ran up the stairs to the bar to get it for me. The staff was extremely friendly and responsive. We ordered their combo plates, my wife had a burrito and I had tacos. The food came out in about 5 minutes. My wife decided she wanted a margarita and again the waitor sprinted up the stairs and was back in a flash with a tasty drink. The food was good, simple Mexican dishes with lots of flavor. We had shredded beef in both of our dishes. I'm from Albuquerque, and I eat good Mexican food 2-3 times a week, and this was right up there with the best I've had. You may not like it if you are used to the terrible chain Mexican food, but most people know better.

Montgomery, Texas
“Forgetaboutit!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I had enchiladas suizas with rice and beans. My husband had a crispy taco and beef enchilada. The beans were so watery you would have had to eat them with a spoon. The enchiladas and taco were laying in grease. The only decent thing was a mango margarita. Service was terrible. We had to sit outside because the inside smelled so bad. Please, go somewhere else!!