“My Favorite Restaurant in Pagosa” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California
“My Favorite Restaurant in Pagosa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Let me tell you about "The View"! First of all, I'm from a big city and didn't know quite what to expect from a small town. The ambiance is very warm and inviting with the authentic lodge feel of being in the mountains to the glimpse of the snow on the peaks. Surprised that a small town served sushi, yet extremely fresh and delicious! As soon as I tasted the sushi, I new instantly that I would be returning the very next night for sushi again! The server Terri was very courteous and graced with a very pleasant smile! The options are exquisite from the comfort food of American / Southern (Traditional Mac n' Cheese with a gourmet twist, their Truffle Mac and Cheese is to die for!) to Gourmet. Needless to say, I ate their more than once during my one week stay. Also, I had so much fun in the bar with the entertaining bar tenders and live music. The brunch was also amazing...prime rib! seafood, salad bar, omelet bar, you get the jist!!! Wait, what was so yummy was the cobbler from the pastry table selections!!! I noticed that other people mentioned the manager and the chef coming to their tables, well guess what! That happened to me too!!! Exceptional experience overall... I'd highly recommend hands down!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pagosa Springs
“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had the best Sunday afternoon from our hostess to our wonderful server,Brittney!! Thank you so much.......can't wake to make this a weekly tradition!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Broomfield
“Good food, choice of area's to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good food, probably the upper area's food prepared in the same area as the lower section, which is a less fancy, but less expensive. Nice view from both areas

Visited October 2013
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Sneaky Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

After being open for 6 months my family and I decided to try the View. I felt confused when entering the restaurant - it felt like a cafeteria. The service was horrible! Our waitress asked if we wanted soup or salad and led us to believe it was included in the steak special. It was NOT and I was appalled when when she dropped the bill. She also rushed the order, dropping the salad and bringing the entree less than2 minutes later! She also offered desserts after 3 bites of our steak! The margaritas had little to no tequila it tasted like sweet and sour mix. Needless to say we will not be going back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“A must if you want a meal to remember!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was a little confused entering as there are 2 restaurants, but the young lady at the desk was very helpful and nice. My husband and I were seated in the general dining room, we didn't want the fine dining room, we just wanted casual dining....I had the Blackened Shrimp over Grits...it was fabulous!!! My husband had (I believe it was called) pecan/honey crusted Trout and he loved it!!! Very, very good food!!! Our appitizer was calamari, it was served like french fries in strips, we didn't really enjoy that much, but everything else very, very good and can't wait to go back!!

• Visited September 2013