“Not impresses.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Pagosa

You added Wyndham Pagosa to your Saves list
Wyndham Pagosa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Pinion Causeway, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147 (Formerly Fairfield Pagosa Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lakebay, Washington
“Not impresses.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This review is from my experience with Wyndman Pagosa. It may differ from yours but this is what happened with us. First of all when we walked in to check in, we were the only ones there. Check in took about 5 minutes. The girl told us to go to another counter to get a parking pass. There were 3 people helping 3 other couples. It took 35 minutes to get a parking pass. I don't know why I couldn't get the parking pass at check in. For all you members, no I did not know this Wyndman was a timeshare. Now to the room, the security chain for the front door was put on backwards, the toilet paper holder would not hold toilet paper, there was very very little water pressure, the bath tub/shower floor was filthy, the curtain to the back porch would not open or close,and all the other condo's we saw had a table and 2 chairs. We called the main desk and asked if it was possible to get a couple chairs so we could sit on the back porch. They said they would get them right there. After 3 calls and 24 hours later they finally showed up. On our final day as we were starting to back out of our parking spot, a maintenance vehicle pulled up right behind us with 3 people in it. They stopped right behind us a 2 workers got out and walked to the condo's. The driver stayed in the vehicle and stayed there. I have a diesel Excursion and I would think he had to hear it running with his window down. I tapped on the horn to see if I could get him to move so we could leave. He still just sat there. About that time the other 2 came back, and boy did we get a dirty look, I guess for honking the horn. They got back in the vehicle and they still sat the for a little bit. As I was getting out to ask them to move, they finally pulled away. For us it was all the little things why we gave them 1 star.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and i spent a week here recently. Four adults and three kids stayed in Mountain Meadows in a 2br/8. The unit was clean, comfortable and great access to everything we needed. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Choose a unit with a west back deck so it will be shady in the morning for drinking coffee.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ballinger, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed here 4 different times, each time for a week. The units are clean, comfortable, and feel like home. The staff is very helpful and the grounds are beautiful. We purchased a timeshare there in Eagle's loft which has two bedrooms, a loft that sleeps 4, and two full bathrooms. Great for a family vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Being Wyndham owners we have access to a lot of different places. We decided to not travel far from home this year for the summer break and settled on visiting Pagosa Springs. The Wyndham resort is a little older and not quite up to par compared with other properties. The buildings were older and in need of some repair. The cleanliness of the place could use a little more detail. We killed a few spiders inside the unit in very obvious places like under the tv stand. If you are going there to fish on their lakes, just do the one day pass. We were right on the lake fished for three days and decided that the only fish in the lake were the carp. I never saw any fish jumping like you would normally see and though I saw many a fisher none had any fish. We went to fish along the river but found out that most of the river is not accessible as it is privately owned. The area you can fish is crowded with tubers and other people just playing in the water. It is summer time so cannot blame them. If you are planning a trip to the Wyndham in Pagosa, plan other activities that allow you to enjoy the beautiful area. There are many geese that live on the lake. They are beautiful to see but along with the geese come the geese dropping. I do wish the the grounds crew would clean the grounds and pay attention to this. I know it ould be an impossible task but other Wyndham properties have to take care of the grounds. We did relax and have a good time. This is what it is about anyway.

Room Tip: If you go try to book along the lake if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The place was all right but we weren't near family as requested. Or keys all quit working the second day. I'm sure it's a great place but pretty much way out of the way for us, and the maps we were given didn't really help us find things.
I stopped and asked how to find out if I had been given points for the two rooms for three nights I'd paid for. One desk said to come back the next day to the other desk. When I came back to the other desk they had no idea how to find out. I am pretty frustrated with Wyndham. How do I find out about the points I should be getting for two rooms for three nights each, plus another night I stayed at another hotel, I think Super Eight, and the trip? Please answer so I'll know where I stand.

• Stayed June 2014
West Plains, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and overall well maintained. Several good restaurants. Plenty of choices for sure. We drove to Mesa Verde which was well worth the drive. We also spent a day rafting on the river in Durango. The rafting in Durango was quite a bit cheaper than in Pagosa and our guide kept us entertained with plenty of humor. The view of the lake from the units are amazing! Very quiet and peaceful area. Everyone in Pagosa was friendly. Lots of mom and pop shops that take good care of the customers. The teenagers we brought with us even enjoyed the stay. They loved the pool and gym and the activities center was awesome! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

Room Tip: If you are traveling from a much lower elevation and are not in great health I would not recommend s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Wyndham is usually much better than this. We are a family of 6 and we used up a week of time share here. We love the town and the activities but the lodging was pretty poor.
We were placed in the Masters place which is 2 miles from the office and the rec center. On the lake which was pretty but so far away from where we needed to be. Our door did not lock but maintenance was quick to come out and fix it. The worst part was the bed. It was absolutely the hardest bed we've EVER slept in. Therefore we didn't get much sleep. A week of it and we were so sore we could barely drive home.

It was mostly clean but it definitely hadn't had a terminal cleaning in a very long time. Lots of cob webs and visible dirt in the corners and around the furniture. There was almost zero water pressure which really sucked but it the water was very hot. The window screens were full of homes and tears. The AC did not work at all and there are no ceiling fans to help move the air.

Overall disappointing when you save and plan all year long to take a family vacation and get stuck in such poor conditions. Like I said... Not typical of our previous stays elsewhere. Pagosa is awesome and the activities we did were fantastic... Just look for our reviews under activities here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tyler W, Manager at Wyndham Pagosa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am very sorry to hear of your experience and that the location and general cleanliness did not meet your expectation for your vacation time here in Pagosa Springs. We are certainly aware that there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and we faield to deliver on your expectation.

Please rest assured that we will have our housekeeping management address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature and I am very appreciative of your time and constrcutive feedback.

If you plan on returning to Pagosa Springs in the future please feel free to reach out to me and I will personally attend to your booking and accommodations.

Best regrads,
TW

Been to Wyndham Pagosa? Share your experiences!