“We were there for a 50th wedding anniversary.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Pagosa

You added Wyndham Pagosa to your Saves list
Wyndham Pagosa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Pinion Causeway, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147 (Formerly Fairfield Pagosa Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Grand Rapids
“We were there for a 50th wedding anniversary.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The place was all right but we weren't near family as requested. Or keys all quit working the second day. I'm sure it's a great place but pretty much way out of the way for us, and the maps we were given didn't really help us find things.
I stopped and asked how to find out if I had been given points for the two rooms for three nights I'd paid for. One desk said to come back the next day to the other desk. When I came back to the other desk they had no idea how to find out. I am pretty frustrated with Wyndham. How do I find out about the points I should be getting for two rooms for three nights each, plus another night I stayed at another hotel, I think Super Eight, and the trip? Please answer so I'll know where I stand.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
West Plains, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were very clean and overall well maintained. Several good restaurants. Plenty of choices for sure. We drove to Mesa Verde which was well worth the drive. We also spent a day rafting on the river in Durango. The rafting in Durango was quite a bit cheaper than in Pagosa and our guide kept us entertained with plenty of humor. The view of the lake from the units are amazing! Very quiet and peaceful area. Everyone in Pagosa was friendly. Lots of mom and pop shops that take good care of the customers. The teenagers we brought with us even enjoyed the stay. They loved the pool and gym and the activities center was awesome! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

Room Tip: If you are traveling from a much lower elevation and are not in great health I would not recommend s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Wyndham is usually much better than this. We are a family of 6 and we used up a week of time share here. We love the town and the activities but the lodging was pretty poor.
We were placed in the Masters place which is 2 miles from the office and the rec center. On the lake which was pretty but so far away from where we needed to be. Our door did not lock but maintenance was quick to come out and fix it. The worst part was the bed. It was absolutely the hardest bed we've EVER slept in. Therefore we didn't get much sleep. A week of it and we were so sore we could barely drive home.

It was mostly clean but it definitely hadn't had a terminal cleaning in a very long time. Lots of cob webs and visible dirt in the corners and around the furniture. There was almost zero water pressure which really sucked but it the water was very hot. The window screens were full of homes and tears. The AC did not work at all and there are no ceiling fans to help move the air.

Overall disappointing when you save and plan all year long to take a family vacation and get stuck in such poor conditions. Like I said... Not typical of our previous stays elsewhere. Pagosa is awesome and the activities we did were fantastic... Just look for our reviews under activities here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tyler W, Manager at Wyndham Pagosa, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I am very sorry to hear of your experience and that the location and general cleanliness did not meet your expectation for your vacation time here in Pagosa Springs. We are certainly aware that there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and we faield to deliver on your expectation.

Please rest assured that we will have our housekeeping management address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature and I am very appreciative of your time and constrcutive feedback.

If you plan on returning to Pagosa Springs in the future please feel free to reach out to me and I will personally attend to your booking and accommodations.

Best regrads,
TW
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Our "home" was spotless, and quite comfortable. We use the main suite and the adjoining apartment both, and felt like we were in a palace. Found the attached HOT TUB and put it to great use. Helped relax us after driving so much. A bit complicated to find the unit from the check-in, but was given a good set of directions. If we had more time, this would be a fantastic place to stay for several days. Wyndham is so worth the money because of places like this!

New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The good:
Great location, great views, outstanding recreation center, close to grocery store, restaurants and coffee shops.

We stayed in a very nice two bedroom lock-off unit in the Peregrine section that sleeps eight. Both units had full kitchens and the "A" unit had a large dining room table that sat eight. The units shared a large indoor spa with the units next door. The units also had Murphy beds which are nicer than sleeper sofas.

The very bad:
Housekeeping Day 1 - The two of us checked in late Sunday and the remaining six were set to arrive the next day. We went to the unit and did a quick check and found only six sets of bath towels instead of the eight we required. So we decided to wait till morning to request the missing towels.

Housekeeping Day 2 - Early the next morning we went by the main desk on our way to Pagosa Springs and told them the situation and requested the additional towels be delivered by 2 pm. The rest of our family arrived later that morning and 2 pm came and went with no towels. I called Guest Services at 4 pm but never got a live person to answer the phone and left a voice mail that was never returned. My spouse again went to the front desk while she was in the area to register our displeasure.

While cleaning up after dinner we found there were no dish towels or dish cloths, so we made another call the Guest Services to update what we found missing. At 10 pm dish towels arrived.

At 11 pm it was time to set up the two Murphy beds. But between the two bedding kits there was only enough linens to make up ONE of the Murphy beds. We made yet another unhappy call to Guest Services.

Housekeeping Day 3 - Around midday all the missing linens finally showed up.

We found out that the Recreation Center also suffers from a shortage of towels.

If it wasn't for the housekeeping fowl ups I would have rated this property at least a 4 if not a 5.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was my second time staying at the Wyndham in Pagosa (June 2014 & October 2013). The first time was a hunting trip and we used the resort very little except as a warm bed to sleep in at night. I enjoyed the trip so much I came back with my wife, my three kids (9, 6, 2) my neice and nephew (11 and 9), and both my parents.

The resort was well kept and nice (beds extremely uncomfortable), but what sets this resort apart is all the things to do with kids. We had a tv in the room, but I do not remember it every being turned on. We usually take a vacation with the kids during the summer, and this is now their favorite place to go as well as mine. They are begging if we can go back next summer, even choosing it over other choices of theme parks in California.

Between riding bikes around the resort, playing goofy golf on grounds, playing near the lakes with the geese, or fishing, their was always something for the kids to do.

Loved it and can't wait to go back next year.

Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here the last of May and it was wonderful. The weather was great, the kitchen was fully equipped, and there were activities for everyone. We stayed in a one bedroom unit and it had a hot tub right behind us. We checked in with the greatest of ease. We had a pitcher in the unit that leaked and when I called housekeeping they had it replaced within minutes. Everyone was very nice and it made our trip very enjoyable. I'd go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple