“Must visit” 4 of 5 stars

Pagosa Springs, CO
49 attraction reviews
“Must visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

If you have kids and are in Pagosa Springs, you must stop here. Try to arrange your trip around the animal's feeding time (I think it's about 4 p.m.)

Lakewood, Colorado
“Enjoyable experience, but more commercial than I'd like”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I definitely came away with the impression that this was a side-show attraction rather than a wildlife refuge.
The Grizzly pen was MUCH too small.
If it is non-profile, they should highlight it, because I won't visit again based on my impression of the place.

Visited February 2011
Denver
9 attraction reviews
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Our family really enjoyed our visit to this park. It does not have the variety of animals of a big urban zoo but it does have some great rescued animals. The animals have large fenced in areas and it was wonderful to watch the mountian lions roam around. The staff was great and informative. We were all happy that we went and thought it was worth the money.

Visited December 2011
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Not worth the $$”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I'm sure they do great things for their animals, but it's not worth the cost. We visited mid afternoon and did not see any animals what so ever. Just don't bother!

Visited August 2011
4 attraction reviews
“Pretty good with fun animals.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011 via mobile

It was a little more expensive than I would have liked. I expected to see a few more animals for the price. I went with small kids. We all enjoyed seeing the various animals. We also did a horse ride for a small child. The people were kind enough to make it possible without even a reservation.