“From a Starbucks lover..” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
jrose32
“From a Starbucks lover..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Higher Grounds was a great break from the normal Starbucks run. The coconut latte I had was so good and included some impressive foam art =) I was super excited about the maple pecan scone and can say that it lived up to my expectation. The atmosphere was cozy & it was nice to sit on the outside patio. My husband & I already decided we were going to go back tomorrow morning (after just going for the first time today) I am ready for another scone in the morning =) great Pagosa gem.. just wish they were open later because we would have gone back tonight!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

ft worth, tx
“Good coffee but no personality to this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The coffee is good here and they have free internet. Probably the busiest coffee shop in town (toss up between the bakery downtown and this place). Overall, it is a nice coffeeshop in terms of coffee and some food and some pastries. Also lot's of nick-nack's for sale and the place is nicely decorated and appointed with plenty of places to sit (unless they're real busy). They're also in a newer building behind the City Market so they're easy to find. I frequent coffeeshops all over the USofA, particularly the "mom and pops" and the vast majority are lot's of fun and with a friendly, engaging type of personality. I quit going here mainly because this place is typically flatlined on the personality scale. Almost make you feel like they're doing you a favor for coming in. In all fairness though, they have good coffee and it's been awhile since I've been in so maybe the vibe has changed....

Visited April 2014
Richland, WA
“This is Not Your Regular Coffee Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

First off, it's huge. It has a full breakfast and lunch menu and serves beer and wine. It also sells local art and crafts. Feel free to sit and sip your drink, because staff will not pressure you to leave. Based on the computers in use. I suspect it has free WiFi. Stopped there the day we left and had wonderful coffee drinks and breakfast--made fresh no microwave here.

Visited April 2014
Turpin, Oklahoma
“Excellent lattes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The lattes were wonderful! Comparable to starbucks! The service was great. Also, the whipped cream for the hot chocolate was delicious! Keep up the great work! Blessings!

Visited March 2014
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Mornings are Better at Higher Grounds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just a few words about my favorite coffee shop.... Have traveled all over the US of A and I love coming home to my hometown coffee shop... I always like the fact that not only are the coffee's consistently awesome but, the employees are cordial and kind.... It is a sign of the quality of establishment and ownership when year in and year out the same people are standing behind counter.... We own 2 business's in Pagosa Springs and always send our customers to Higher Grounds when they return they rave about our hometown Coffee Shop.....

• Visited March 2014