“World Famous Fish Tacos - Should Be!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“World Famous Fish Tacos - Should Be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This small eatery/bakery formally catered to breakfast and lunch clientele and now caters to lunch and dinner patrons. Their premier menu item, salmon fish tacos, are billed as world famous. The tacos consist of soft flour tortias, salmon, slaw, cilantro and mango sauce. Without question, these are the best fish tacos I have ever had, anywhere. The salmon is cooked to perfection and there's lots of it. The mango sauce is to die for - order extra sauce on the side if you like mango sauce. World famous fish tacos - they have my vote for sure!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We came here for dinner and it was wonderful. The salads are amazing with homemade dressings!! The shoestring onions are battered in a secret buttermilk recipe!! We had two different pizzas on the menu which were full of flavor. They make their own tomato sauce from scratch! Our waitress was so friendly as everyone is in Pagosa Springs. We will return to Farrago to try the salmon tacos!! Thank you Farrago!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Texas
“Great salads!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We liked Farrago so much we ate there twice ... The salads there are so fresh and tasty and the chicken sandwich our fist night was excellent! Great cookies too :)

Visited December 2012
albuquerque, new mexico
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Salmon tacos excellent, pizza ave to good (fungi) friendly service. Would definitely go back. There is a wine bar next door that is owned by same people and can carry food over-did not have chance to check it out.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lubbock, Texas
“Good food and price, but service suffered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I wish there was a rating in between average and very good. If they had a simple "good" rating, that is where I would place the Farrago Market Cafe.

When we walked in, the place was definitely busy, which is always a good indicator. We were told it would be just a second while they cleared and cleaned a table and it was about 6 minutes. Not bad, just...average. We sat at a table that had a serious lean to it. Enough that things (chapstick, glasses case) were rolling off of it throughout the evening. Our order was taken fairly quickly but only after taking an order from a couple that was sat after us. Again, not bad, but hey. I ordered a hamburger, but wasn't asked if I wanted chips/fries/sweet potatoe fries. Moreover, there were a couple of nice gourmet burgers that sounded delicious, but I never got the chance to even ask if I could order one of those, the server was gone so fast. Then, when the server delivered my burger, I had to ask twice for condiments before they were delivered, about eight minutes after my burger. Again, not horrible, but definitely not good.

In the spirit of honesty, there were two servers and about 8-10 tables inside (no one outside as it was COLD). That could be kinda rough which might help explain why service was not great. But at the height of ski season, that isn't exactly the best excuse.

So overall, not a bad experience at all, and you can see I didn't mark it as such. At the same time, given the less than good service, I don't feel comfortable giving it "very good." The burger was fine, if a bit plain. The pizza had a surprising tasty and complex flavor. I would say it is probably worth giving it a try, just be forewarned that service could be spotty.

• Visited December 2012