“Best restaurant in Pagosa Springs!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our casual but elegant restaurant is perfect for casual night just ordering pizza and wine, or for an upscale evening of dining and romance.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best restaurant in Pagosa Springs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had two dinners at Alley House during our week's stay. Normally, we like to try a different restaurant each time, but we found disappointment everywhere else. The staff at Alley House is well-trained, personable, and attentive. Everywhere else we tried, we encountered inconsistent service or food that left us unsatisfied. Not so at Alley House.

Better yet, the food is excellent - salads that are fresh, flavorful, and make you want to finish every last leaf; beef or chicken meals that are inventive without in recognizable ingredients and truly delicious; and a shrimp dish with risotto that will blow you away! We tried to save room for dessert but just couldn't. Maybe next time.

Don't be afraid of the prices, it's worth it and then some. Trust us...just eat here and you won't regret it. Oh, and say hello to our new favorite waiters, Missy and Paul.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shiloh, Illinois
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Delicious food and wonderful menu choices., Very Expensive. We had Scallops, Duck Salad, and Cheese cake. The food was delicious but there was not a lot of it. There was no bread basket or any extras, which I would expect for a place like this. The service was ok. I typically rate the service by how often I have to flag someone down to fill my water glass. My glass was empty several times. The atmosphere was nice. We ate outside with trees with lights. It was a bit chilly, but they had a heater goin.,

Visited August 2014
“Deliciousness on a plate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

The Alley House Grille is an excellent choice for a warm summer's night. The patio is expansive and the food's great. My partner had the filet and I had the vegetarian pasta. We loved both. The best part of the meal was the summer fruit lemon tart! We wished we ordered two instead of sharing. It was that good. Service was attentive and fast. Highly recommended!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Really great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We're foodies and were NOT expecting great food in Pagosa Springs. But, were we surprised. Creative dishes; interesting menu; well prepared and presented; great service; good prices; and the space was nice - intimate but not noisy or crowded.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Bread Pudding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Ok, I hate bread pudding. It just makes no sense to me. I don't know why, maybe because the waitress was a great sales person, I decided to try something totally outside the box for me and ordered the bread pudding. It was really good and a huge portion. My husband had the flour less chocolate cake and liked that as well. Oh ya the meal we had the seared tuna, nice size portion and no complaints and rack of lamb rare prepared just right and also good. I wish they had an appetizer with hum bolt cheese, complimentary bread or even bread sticks, and more comfortable chairs, but good dinner.