“Nice location, poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Ouray
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice location, poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel looked a little run down for our taste so we would have liked to have stayed elsewhere. However, this was one of the few places that had a vacancy. It is also in a very nice location, within easy walking distance to restaurants and entertainment and so we decided to give it a try.

The rooms were subpar for the price and between bad smells, a non-functional AC (it was abnormally hot), and a very noisy room... it was not a pleasant stay. I tried to address some of these issues with the front desk person and they were not helpful at all, basically ignoring and/or refuting everything I asked about. If it were not for the poor service I would rate it 2/5, but the icing on the stinky cake, and what merits 1 star,was the front desk person not caring one iota about the paying customers. :-(

I would recommend staying elsewhere if possible.

Pros: +location is convient +price is comparable to some other low-end places in Ouray
Cons: +outdated rooms +non-functioning amenities +noisy +poor customer service

Room Tip: Check the room before you commit, make sure everything works properly and that it is clean. Also, if...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BettyWolfe, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel Julie and thank you for bringing this to our attention. As the owners of this hotel, we are always dissapointed to hear that a guest had a bad experience and they did not enjoy their stay. The number one skill that I require from my staff is Customer Service, whether it be front desk or housekeeping, and my husband and I make ourselves available almost every morning to visit with guests and to ensure that they are enjoying their stay. Unfortunately, due to the 8 months that has passed since your stay, I can not address this issue with that employee. Please do not hesitate next time to bring issues to light so they may be adressed. Thank you again.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Betty & Ted were awesome hosts, again. Perfect base camp for hitting the ice park. Betty & Ted make sure you have everything you need, from partners to climb with to gear you need.Nice hanging out with Betty and friends at breakfast. See you next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
BettyWolfe, Owner at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience at my hotel and I am sorry that you waited 8 months to bring this to our attention.

We demand nothing but the best from ourselves and our employees, however from time to time you do get an employee who does not quite meet your expectations. Obviously this would have been one of them. We have replaced our staff from last summer.

We will check our A/C units as I have had no other complaints of a malfunctioning unit and due to the time span, have no idea which unit it may have been. I'm sorry this wasn't passed on to us by our staff. We keep replacement units in stock in case there are problems and they can be swithched in a matter of minutes.

Myself and my husband are at the Hotel almost every morning either at the front desk or in the Breakfast Room. We do talk with guests throughout the morning and make ourselves available for any guest that may be having a problem. Again thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed at this Comfort Inn a few times and always like it. They were booked one weekend so I made the mistake of trying another hotel that looked cute and was on the main street. It had old mattresses and was small. I bailed out of there after one night. The woman at the desk , possibly the owner, helped me get a room. The grandkids liked the breakfast bar and we had an enjoyable couple of nights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

At first appearance, it seemed seedy. A bit run down motel with squeeky wood floors. Rooms were nice and the couple who run it care very much about it. The neighbor's barking dogs are quiet after 9pm. Guess they bring them in for the nite. Two blocks off Main St.-less traffic. Thank you Ken for your friendly advise and great cozy breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay in front, less climbing and away from the dogs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Huntley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days. The owners are a very engaging & helpful couple for every aspect of your stay here. This community is in a good central location for all the activities in the surrounding area. The breakfast here was very nice with a variety of choices. Everything within the community is close enough to walk too, including the hot springs & several different hiking trails.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, clean, well maintained. Very nice staff. Breakfast (hot) was more than adequate (egg mcmuffin, waffles, and all the regular stuff). Very pleased with stay. No pool and hot tub a little inconvenient to get to. 50:50 lower and upper level rooms so may not be for everyone, but certainly nothing glaring to complain about.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here one night and were on the ground floor. There is no elevator, so we were glad not to have to carry our bags up stairs. Every time water was turned on (or toilets flushed) in any of the units around us or above us we heard it, the sound was loud enough to wake you from sleep.
We really liked the people, the room was very clean, breakfast was hot and filling. I would stay here again for one night, but if I were staying longer I'd look for something a little more quiet.

Room Tip: This is an old style motel where the doors open onto the parking lot directly, no inside corridor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!