“Comfortable, clean and helpful” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Ouray
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Comfortable, clean and helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed at this Comfort Inn a few times and always like it. They were booked one weekend so I made the mistake of trying another hotel that looked cute and was on the main street. It had old mattresses and was small. I bailed out of there after one night. The woman at the desk , possibly the owner, helped me get a room. The grandkids liked the breakfast bar and we had an enjoyable couple of nights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Iowa City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

At first appearance, it seemed seedy. A bit run down motel with squeeky wood floors. Rooms were nice and the couple who run it care very much about it. The neighbor's barking dogs are quiet after 9pm. Guess they bring them in for the nite. Two blocks off Main St.-less traffic. Thank you Ken for your friendly advise and great cozy breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay in front, less climbing and away from the dogs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Huntley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days. The owners are a very engaging & helpful couple for every aspect of your stay here. This community is in a good central location for all the activities in the surrounding area. The breakfast here was very nice with a variety of choices. Everything within the community is close enough to walk too, including the hot springs & several different hiking trails.

Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, clean, well maintained. Very nice staff. Breakfast (hot) was more than adequate (egg mcmuffin, waffles, and all the regular stuff). Very pleased with stay. No pool and hot tub a little inconvenient to get to. 50:50 lower and upper level rooms so may not be for everyone, but certainly nothing glaring to complain about.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here one night and were on the ground floor. There is no elevator, so we were glad not to have to carry our bags up stairs. Every time water was turned on (or toilets flushed) in any of the units around us or above us we heard it, the sound was loud enough to wake you from sleep.
We really liked the people, the room was very clean, breakfast was hot and filling. I would stay here again for one night, but if I were staying longer I'd look for something a little more quiet.

Room Tip: This is an old style motel where the doors open onto the parking lot directly, no inside corridor...
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here in Sept. When we arrrived in the parking lot I was disapoointed, not having been to Ouray before I expected the usual Comfort Inn. Once inside I felt better, THe room was clean , although nothing special. Some people were in the hot tub which I found to be odd that it sits right in the parking lot. We did not use it because of this. I did not want to sit where everyone is coming and going. It seems that it could have been put in a better place. The breakfast was OK and the staff was friendly. Now that I have seen other places there I may have chosen differently but all in all it was a good place to stay.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

What a view from the walkway just outside my room! Fantastic fall colors. Greeted with bright, cheery welcome by Betty, the owner. Lobby cozy and decorated in appropriate Autumn colors & favors. Informed me of hot tub, laundry and pop/ice machines, and told me to be sure to join them for breakfast including sausage and eggs. Room impeccably clean, quiet with outside entrances to walkways (which I prefer for loading stuff from my car). Large screen TV, coffee maker, well lit mirror at the vanity for shaving. Wireless internet decent, which surprised me given this remote mountain location. Quick 1 - 2 block walk to restaurants & shops with a lot of local flavor & personality. Give me a hotel with local flavor like this anyday, over the big box, which there were none of I could see. There appears to be several no-name hotels here, but looked more like bed & breakfast. Here I got my points and am recognized as a frequent stayer with the brand.

Room Tip: NO rooms have a bad view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!