“Very Good value for the Area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Ouray
Huntley, Illinois
“Very Good value for the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days. The owners are a very engaging & helpful couple for every aspect of your stay here. This community is in a good central location for all the activities in the surrounding area. The breakfast here was very nice with a variety of choices. Everything within the community is close enough to walk too, including the hot springs & several different hiking trails.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, clean, well maintained. Very nice staff. Breakfast (hot) was more than adequate (egg mcmuffin, waffles, and all the regular stuff). Very pleased with stay. No pool and hot tub a little inconvenient to get to. 50:50 lower and upper level rooms so may not be for everyone, but certainly nothing glaring to complain about.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here one night and were on the ground floor. There is no elevator, so we were glad not to have to carry our bags up stairs. Every time water was turned on (or toilets flushed) in any of the units around us or above us we heard it, the sound was loud enough to wake you from sleep.
We really liked the people, the room was very clean, breakfast was hot and filling. I would stay here again for one night, but if I were staying longer I'd look for something a little more quiet.

Room Tip: This is an old style motel where the doors open onto the parking lot directly, no inside corridor...
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here in Sept. When we arrrived in the parking lot I was disapoointed, not having been to Ouray before I expected the usual Comfort Inn. Once inside I felt better, THe room was clean , although nothing special. Some people were in the hot tub which I found to be odd that it sits right in the parking lot. We did not use it because of this. I did not want to sit where everyone is coming and going. It seems that it could have been put in a better place. The breakfast was OK and the staff was friendly. Now that I have seen other places there I may have chosen differently but all in all it was a good place to stay.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

What a view from the walkway just outside my room! Fantastic fall colors. Greeted with bright, cheery welcome by Betty, the owner. Lobby cozy and decorated in appropriate Autumn colors & favors. Informed me of hot tub, laundry and pop/ice machines, and told me to be sure to join them for breakfast including sausage and eggs. Room impeccably clean, quiet with outside entrances to walkways (which I prefer for loading stuff from my car). Large screen TV, coffee maker, well lit mirror at the vanity for shaving. Wireless internet decent, which surprised me given this remote mountain location. Quick 1 - 2 block walk to restaurants & shops with a lot of local flavor & personality. Give me a hotel with local flavor like this anyday, over the big box, which there were none of I could see. There appears to be several no-name hotels here, but looked more like bed & breakfast. Here I got my points and am recognized as a frequent stayer with the brand.

Room Tip: NO rooms have a bad view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The front desk staff made us feel welcome when we arrived. Our rooms were clean and well appointed. Since we were taking a Jeep Trip (over Black Bear to Telluride) we wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the room, but enjoyed spending an evening on the deck. Ouray is a relatively small town and this property is very close to the main shopping street. The breakfast was just fine; nice and clean and well stocked. We'd definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was reasonably priced for the location. They have clean rooms that have newer amenities. The views from the room are amazing (so is almost any other location in town!!) and the staff are nice. They have a hot tub out front which would be perfect to sit in and stare up at the mountains except the chlorine cloud and malfunctions kept me at bay. Room was average clean and standard for bed/bath. Scratchy towels. Breakfast was good selection with solid protein items (eggs, yogurts, bacon) Good room, gorgeous location and a fun little town.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!