“Terrific!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Ouray B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My wife and I stayed for two nights last week, it is a wonderful place. Friendly folks, beautiful rooms, outstanding breakfast. Ouray is a perfect place to get away for a few days, many things to see and do. We will be back, and back the the Black Bear. Many thanks to Terri, Carol, and the others there making out stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stayed here for two nights while traveling the San Juan highway. It is a lovely place and the morning meals are exceptional - delicious and more than you can possibly eat! You won't want another meal until dinner!

The innkeepers are professional, friendly and helpful. Complimentary wine and beer is served in the early evening. They can recommend good places to dine - most within walking distance of the house. The complimentary chocolates in your room will be wonderful!

Our bedroom was very nice, clean and comfortable, but nothing extraordinary to rave about. The dining area was bright, cheery and very pleasant. We enjoyed chatting with the other guests - that's a big plus with B&Bs - the guests and innkeepers share many interesting experiences. The hot tub was on the cooler side, but relaxing.

I had the impression from pictures that this B&B was nestled in the mountains; it is not. It is on a side street off the main street through town with all the shops and restaurants in walking distance. Parking is on the street right in front of the house - very convenient!

We enjoyed our stay here and if we go back to Ouray, we'd stay here again. It is a nice place with super innkeepers who know how to make the breakfast meal a feast!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Longview TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the BBM for 6 wonderful nights. My first visit at the BBM was in 2006 with my brother-in-law for 7 nights. I couldn't wait to bring my wife here to see and experience it all!!! She was so impressed the first night she went around taking pictures of the breakfast room, living room, etc. Black Bear Manor is the most wonderful B&B you can imagine. WOW! The breakfasts are fantistic, but that is not all that makes the Manor so great. It is the innkeepers. The owners are Phil & Lucie and both of them were fantastic in 2006 and still live nearby in Ouray. (Enjoyed visiting with you both again). They have hired have Ken and Carol and Terry to take care of the place and do all the work. We started our stay with Terry and thought it couldn't get any better. She is such a nice person and fun to visit with. Then came Ken and Carol and I think it actually got better. All are so wonderful people to get to know and they provide service like you wouldn't believe. Every evening from 4 to 7 there was a tap with all the beer you could drink plus wine in bottles. We just love this place. Oh, and one of the fringe benefits of staying at a B&B is getting to meet other guests. Also, when you decide to stay multiple nights, you get to know the innkeepers better and they become family!!! I just love these folks. One more thing...after coming in from a exhausting day of hiking and/or mountain biking (we did both), relaxing in the hot tub on the deck is wonderful. I know I used wonderful too many times, but that is what it is.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Montara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

We were able to enjoy the beauty of Ouray and family from this fabulous B&B as we rented out the place for a long awaited family reunion. The rooms were beautiful, the view exquisite and the house perfect for the lot of us to take over. Our hosts were very accommodating and breakfasts were beyond anything we've been served at other B&B's we've stayed in.

The only down side was that we didn't get to stay longer. Would recommend the Black Bear Manor to anyone looking for a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The manor was beautiful. Room outstanding and the service, food, and staff were exceptional. If you are headed to Ouray, this is a must for a nice weekend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

This was my 4th trip to the Black Bear and I'm already anticipating my next visit! Carol, Ken and Terrie are great hosts/chefs. They always make me feel at home, have great suggestions for things to do and are very accomodating. Breakfast is fantastic! The views from the Observatory, decks and front swing are amazing and perfect for relaxing. Although the B&B is great, it's the hosts that keep me coming back. They are not just hosts, but more like family - the kind that you want to keep visiting. I will be back again soon!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

Talk about having one of the most amazing weekend experiences of my life! From the moment I arrived at the Black Bear Manor I knew I was in for an extremely special treat. I thought the views and ambiance of the nearby vistas were fantastic...then we drove up to the BBM. We stepped out of the car, and I could smell that fireplace woodsy smell and I felt like curling up right there on the beautiful wrap around porch. Carol was there in the living room when we arrived ready to help and guide us on our journey. The BBM is beautifully maintained and has a homey yet sophisticated vibe. Carol's breakfasts are absolutely delicious and she is so kind and generous. She even let me borrow a bathing suit for the hot tub!

I would highly recommend anyone to stay here!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Black Bear Manor? Share your experiences!