“Unforgettable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Ouray B&B and Inns
Boulder, Colorado
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My boyfriend became my fiance at the Black Bear Manor. A few friends and family members recommended BBM, so we booked a room for a couple of nights. It was such a fantastic getaway. Ouray is a unique place and we enjoyed exploring the town. The room at BBM was comfortable and very clean, the house itself was very charming, the owners were very helpful and hospitable, the views from our room and the observation deck were to die for, breakfast was a fantastically delicious spread of so many different dishes, and complimentary happy hour made this place feel like home! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing and enjoyable getaway. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Aztec, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Black Bear Manor a few times now and, without a doubt, it is our favorite B&B in Ouray (and we have tried others). The hospitality is superb--they truly put your needs above any concern over their bottom line, and they truly make us feel like family. The breakfasts are outstanding--numerous dishes (both hot and cold) and always substantial (we don't even bother with lunch when we are there). The happy hour (both wine & beer served on the house) is a nice touch, as it gives you the opportunity to visit with the other travelers interested in socializing. Close walking distance to the main drag in Ouray. Evenings/nights are quite and the furnishings are comfortable. We have recommended Black Bear Manor to several of our family/friends, and would do so for Tripadvisor's readers as well.

Room Tip: We love the suites b/c of the huge Jacuzzi tub!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We found the Black Bear to be a very comfortable and homey inn with an outstanding and engaging staff anxious to make your stay a fun experience in a quaint, Colorado mountain town. The rooms are attractively and functionally decorated, and the delicious breakfasts and afternoon wine tasting gatherings around the fireplace with other guests in the main living room, are added benefits. The Manor has a cozy observatory to enjoy the spectacular mountain views. Overall the BBM is a great value and fun place to add to your Favorites List.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are very quiet and comfortable, providing quick access to the living room and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I love this review opportunity as it allows me a chance to mentally experience my vacation, again !
Over the past 7 years, I have had the pleasure to visit the BBM about 9 times. I don't know how it works, but it just gets better each time. I WILL be there again, and again and again !!!

Room Tip: They are all good, but if you are going for a Celebration, the room with an inside Jacuzzi is VERY R...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The Black Bear Manor is a gem hidden in the beautiful mountains of Ouray. The rooms are fit for kings and queens, and the view from the observatory cannot be matched. If the quaint town of Ouray wasn't so darn cute I would have had absolutely no need to leave the Black Bear. It is definitely a favorite destination! And the food! Come hungry!

• Stayed January 2014
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

When in the Ouray area I will always stay at the Black Bear Manor! Awesome service, clean and accommodating. I have a gluten allergy and they went above and beyond to accommodate my needs! Polite staff that answered every question with confidence and ease.

• Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Staying at “Black Bear Manor” was one of the most memorable trips I have ever had. It was inviting, warm, friendly and the food was out of this world. Every morning I awoke to the delicious flavor of coffee and the most beautiful array and assortment of breakfast treats. Freshly made daily, I had croissants, eggs, muffins, and any thing you can imagine. I do not know how they make the coffee so delicious, but they do!
There was a warm fireplace where at cocktail hour, hotel guests would gather and spend an early evening sharing stories of their day.

I highly recommend anyone to visit “Black Bear Manor”. The rooms were cozy, clean and set in the most beautiful of atmospheres. Just looking out the window at the grandiose mountains covered in snow was a treat. And in the day we visit the small town just near Black Bear Manor where we took a stroll looking through the friendly shops for a nice afternoon. I cannot wait to go back again. I am counting the days to my fifth visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Black Bear Manor? Share your experiences!