Spent a night at this lodge while touring Colorado. We paid a walk-in rate of $90, one of the better deals we found during our 10 day trip. We had a second floor room with KS bed not far from the outdoor hot tubs. Our room was cozy and warm with a rustic pine decor and included a small fridge and microwave. Not fancy, but well maintained and quite comfortable.
There are 4 outdoor hot tubs located behind the lodge. My husband very much enjoyed taking a soak in a hot tub during a cold rain, under the watchful eye of a curious deer.
We woke to heavy snow and no electricity, but fortunately we had plenty of hot water. My husband was hoping for an early morning soak, but unfortunately the tubs were closed due to the power outage.
Would definitely stay here again with or without electricity!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its peaceful location, very clean, comfortable, nicely decorated rooms, the Box Canyon Lodge is where you relax. We have our very own natural hot springs onsite for the exclusive use of our guests. We are located at the base of the Ouray Ice Park, the Box Canyon Falls, and a short walk to all Ouray shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Box Canyon Lodge And Hot Springs
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs Hotel Ouray
- Box Canyon Ouray
- Box Canyon Hotel Hot Springs