We were very disappointed with the service provided by Maria at the front desk. We live in Durango and have stayed at the Box Canyon Lodge on several occasions over the years. This is not an upscale property, but the rooms are well maintained and clean and the lodge offers several hot tubs with water from the natural hot springs in a beautiful setting.
Our disappointment comes from the fact that we made reservations well in advance of our stay asking for a lower level room in the back by the hot tubs.We were married in Ouray and it was our anniversary. I am on oxygen and lots of stairs can be a problem for me because of my disability. I explained these requests in writing and again over the phone as it became closer to our stay. I understand that it is the policy of the hotel not to guarantee special requests, but that they would do their best to accomodate us. When we arrived Maria was at the front desk and she said they would not be able to give us one of the rooms that we requested, people had deceided to stay overnight and she was not going to move them. She only had one lower room in the older section and we looked at it, but it was very small and had a funny odor, so we stayed with the upstairs room. We really felf that there was no effort made to honor our request. We were given a 10% discount because of our anniversary. We arrived early before the majority of the guests checked in and we felt that they could have tried a little harder to accomodate us. The stairs were so difficult for me, that I was not even able to enjoy the hot tubs.
I do know one thing, we will NEVER stay here again or recommend this motel to anyone.There is no excuse to not do your best to accomadate a disabled person.
- Also Known As:
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs Hotel
- Box Canyon Lodge And Hot Springs
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs Hotel Ouray
- Box Canyon Ouray
- Box Canyon Hotel Hot Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three Diamond Rated: With its peaceful location, very clean, comfortable, nicely decorated rooms, the Box Canyon Lodge is where you relax. We have our very own natural hot springs onsite for the exclusive use of our guests. We are located at the base of the Ouray Ice Park, the Box Canyon Falls, and a short walk to all Ouray shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.