We have stayed here a number of times in the past, but the experience seems to get a bit better each time. The two-story motel-like lodge is located in a prime location in the southwestern corner of Ouray, just a few hundred feet away from the entrance to the amazing Box Canyon Park (don’t miss it, at $3 to $4 per person) and winter ice-climbing venues. A particular feature is that it has four hot tubs fed by the natural hot springs on-property (a rare amenity in this town where virtually all the hot spring waters go to the large public facility in town). The lodge is very well maintained and attractive, with many flower boxes, a nice interior courtyard, and views of towering mountains in all directions. A four-or-five block walk brings you to the center of town, with shops and restaurants. Front-desk staff seem occasionally overloaded with phone- and in-person-requests, but are friendly and helpful. Rooms in the newer section are somewhat larger than what we remember from years ago. All rooms, we understand, are equipped with a small refrigerator, a microwave, a work table, a shower/tub, good and simple wi-fi, a ceiling fan, and a heater (warmed by the hot springs waters). The newer rooms still have elements of the older, more rustic and smaller rooms we stayed in a decade ago. The lodge serves a very modest continental breakfast (but it actually roasts the coffee beans for the new breakfast/lunch restaurant several blocks away in town, Cavallo's). The room prices are fairly reasonable, but they get better because of a wide variety of discounts and a clear attempt by management to give good deals to clients. This is our favorite place to stay in this delightful town, and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its peaceful location, very clean, comfortable, nicely decorated rooms, the Box Canyon Lodge is where you relax. We have our very own natural hot springs onsite for the exclusive use of our guests. We are located at the base of the Ouray Ice Park, the Box Canyon Falls, and a short walk to all Ouray shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Box Canyon Lodge And Hot Springs
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs Hotel Ouray
- Box Canyon Ouray
- Box Canyon Hotel Hot Springs