Average old-time motel where your front door opens to your car in parking lot. Cute room and very clean. The thermostat didn't seem to work very well, got very warm at night while trying to sleep. Mattresses felt like they were made out of straw, kind of a weird texture under the sheet. Sheets and blankets were very clean and smelled good. Location was fine, not far from restaurants on main street, not too far of a walk. Motel advertises continental breakfast and that's what you get. Canned juice, apples, and muffins, not just-made warm ones. Coffee was the worst we ever tasted, really bitter. Had to spit it out! and buy some elsewhere. The price of a room is high for an average motel at best. Were disappointed and confused after reading all of the really excellent reviews on this site. We are not hotel snobs be any means and are not usually hard to please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its peaceful location, very clean, comfortable, nicely decorated rooms, the Box Canyon Lodge is where you relax. We have our very own natural hot springs onsite for the exclusive use of our guests. We are located at the base of the Ouray Ice Park, the Box Canyon Falls, and a short walk to all Ouray shopping and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Box Canyon Lodge And Hot Springs
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs Hotel Ouray
- Box Canyon Ouray
- Box Canyon Hotel Hot Springs