“numero uno Mexican I've found in Colorado” 5 of 5 stars

(970) 325-4544
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Ouray
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Boone, Iowa
“numero uno Mexican I've found in Colorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I strolled in here for dinner one evening as I was drawn in by the aroma as I passed by and peeked in the door and thought it looked like a pretty nice place to strap on the old feed bag. I was quickly seated by a friendly host and was promply served a menu, glass of water and a heaping basket of fresh black and yellow chips accompanied by a generous bowl of some mighty tasty salsa. I selected the blue corn chicken enchiladas and found them to be a step above the ordinary and not buried in some sort of greasy burrito sauce. Also on the plate were servings of the usual rice and beans which again seemed to be better than the usual mexican fare, and it was nice that my entree was not served to me as one hideous, heaping pile of smoldering goo as is typical in alot of Mexican restaurants. Good atmosphere, good service, good food, good value.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

A nice restaurant . This place is has no flaws that I can see, All the locals told us this was one of the best places in town and they were right.

Atlanta, Georgia
“From the SouthEast...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I have been to Ouray twice; both times we visited Buen Tiempo. We sat at the bar both times were we made fast friends with Lance and Melissa. I can tell you that the Margaritas are the BEST in town. The few appetizers we had were good but we basically went to drink at the bar...this year we met the owner Mike, opps I mean Michael; unlike his friendly bartenders Lance and Melissa, Mike was nothing but arrogant. This Southerner will not go back...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good value in Ouray”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Another family difference of opinion here. My husband and I both ordered fajitas. He loved the food, but admittedly I am not a huge Mexican fan and I did not find mine very tasty. Its a good solid value and comfortable, although a bit loud due to all the bar business they do. Can't beat the price in Ouray.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Awesome Margarita!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Think I left my heart in Ouray. This girl from the south loves Mexican food and enjoyed the whole experience at Buen Tiempo, but the highlight was the margarita - the El Jefe - with Patron Silver, Citronge & Roses lime juice instead of a too sweet mix - handshaken and served on the rocks - perfecto! Great people, great service and awesome margarita in an incredibly beautiful town!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere