“Good but not upto the hype or price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Beaumont Grill

Beaumont Grill
505 Main Street, Ouray, CO (Formerly Ouray Ore House Bar and Grille)
970-325-7050
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Ouray
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Beaumont Grill is located in the old Melodrama Theatre of the hotel and has a historical mining theme. It offers freshly made, wholesome American-Style Cuisine including steaks, seafood, sandwiches, salads, nightly fresh fish specials, vegetarian choices and gluten-free options. Enjoy lunch or dinner in the hotel Restaurant or dine alfresco (seasonally) in the adjacent European-style Courtyard.You can choose from one of the Western Slope’s largest wine selections with over 300 vintages from around the world.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good but not upto the hype or price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We came in on a Saturday night wanting to try their reaves about French onion. We ordered two full bowls. They were incredibly salty
!!! Neither of us could finish our soups. I the had the pork chop special with fingerling potatoes and broccoli Nd my wife had the portobello steak. We also got a side of sautéed mushrooms. The pork chop was good but way too huge a portion. I could hardly eat a third. The potatoes and broccoli was really nice. My wife's portobello had an apple glaze on it that was overpoweringly sweet. The show stopper though was the side of mushrooms. I am not sure what they put in it but it was hands down the best mushroom I have ever had. It was also the cheapest item I a $80+ check. I just wish i had ordered sautéed mushrooms for the entire dinner ... Yeah they were that good. We finished off by sharing a creme brûlée which was way too watery.

Overall it was a wannabe good dinner but not worth the price in my opinion, and DEFINITELY not worth the hype.

Seems to be a theme with the Beaumont in Ouray, see my hotel review for more details.

Boulder, Colorado
“Didn't live up to the hype.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Reading the reviews on trip advisor, I was expecting a really great meal. I was disappointed.

My wife and I had a beer, a cup of elk chili, and shared a Beaumont Burger. The beer tasted a bit off, like they hadn't cleaned their lines in a while. The chili was served lukewarm, lacked flavor, and also lacked elk. The burger had great reviews on trip advisor, but came extremely greasy and salty. This was also the first time I've ever spend $16 on a burger. I admit that if they'd cut back on the salt (and grease) it would have been a $8-10 burger, and I would have been content. But for the money, and the hype, it just made me sad. The fries were OK, but they reminded me a lot of the thin McDonald's fries we all know so well. The server was friendly and attentive.

The atmosphere was cool. The grill is within an old Victorian hotel, and has a lot of antique elements. The wine cellar is visible, which gives it an artesian feel, and the bar was really nice, with an antique cash register. Probably a great place to grab a glass of wine and maybe some appetizers with a friend/significant other.

All in all, it had all the right makings of a good dinner, it just wasn't executed effectively. But who knows, maybe we just caught it on an off night.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, Arizona
“The best HOMEMADE french onion soup in the WORLD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Wonderful service, lovely ambiance, and delicous food.....couldn't ask for more....try it-you won't regret it!!

Visited March 2014
“Dinner at the Beaumont”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This a wonderful place to dine. The menu was great and the food even better. Great service given the the owner and his brother. The grand Dining Room is open on Friday and Saturday nights.
At least stop and look at this beautiful hotel.

Visited March 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel! We walked in with no reservations on Saturday of President's Day weekend, and were graciously accommodated. The restaurant was small, quiet, and elegant. My husband and I both had steak, he had the ribeye and I had the beef tenderloin with mushrooms. Both dishes were excellent. Service was friendly, efficient and unobtrusive. Will make it a point to return on our next visit to Ouray.

Visited February 2014