“The most enjoyable stay!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

River's Edge Motel
PO Box 546, Ouray, CO 81427   |
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Ouray
Grand Junction, Colorado
“The most enjoyable stay!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beautiful location in the center of town. Close to everything, yet quiet and relaxing. Nice rooms with great features. Very clean, well maintained and charming. The staff is awesome. Friendly and informative with knowledge of the area. Hot Tub to relax and star gaze! Will return.

Room Tip: End rooms by the river are great!

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spend lots of weekends in the beautiful town of Ouray Colorado. It so happened that our favorite hotel was closed for a scheduled maintenance as they do every March. I jumped on TripAdvisor and found the Rivers Edge Hotel, In Ouray. They were offering a very reasonable rate for the the two nights we had planned so I went for it, we arrived early for check in just in case it was not to our liking we could move on to another place. The owners Dave and Chad were at reception when I check in and the rest was history. Great service, a very nice place to stay, clean, well maintained and easy access and plenty of parking. The complementary breakfast we did not use but snuck in for a home made cookie. Yes we will stay there again, the guys were great and the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Great place to stay. Easy access to downtown, only a block away.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband & I have been visiting Ouray for over 20 years. We have stayed at the Rivers Edge a couple of times now and it has become our favorite. It is located close to all that Ouray has to offer - ice climbing, snow shoeing, and hiking. The motel also is reasonably priced and has its own hot tub. But the primary reason Rivers Edge is our favorite is that the owners attend to all of our needs, are friendly, and make it a point to make our visit enjoyable.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here a few weeks ago while my husband ice-climbed. It was wonderful and we will return next year! It was a quick walk to town which was nice for me (who wasn't iceclimbing.) Our little kitchen was perfectly stock. The owners were wonderful. It snowed often while we were there and they were up early shoveling away. They also kept our rooms very clean. They were friendly and one of the owners even took the time to make me a waffle in the morning! We will be back without a doubt.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful nights stay. Excellent value, pet friendly and very courteous owners. Our room was maticulously clean and their continental breakfast provided a great start to our drive home.
Looking forward to staying here again! Best value for your buck in Ouray.

• Stayed March 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've stayed at the Rivers Edge in Ouray for the Ice Festival for six years in a row. I really appreciate that the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. With a membership to the "Ouray Ice Park" you can save even more---well worth the investment for me and my friends.

I appreciate that the hot tub is open 24/7 and has towels available right on the deck--- no scrambling around for an extra towel from the room.

The continental breakfast is very good, my only gripe is that I'm an early riser and breakfast doesn't start until 8 a.m. Still, I took advantage of it several times.

I'll be back next year!

Room Tip: The large family rooms with kitchen are a really good deal.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Holladay, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great pricing for a sizable and comfortable room, couch had pullout, extra sheets/blankets in room with good towel service, located very close to the ice park, excellent continental breakfast (waffles, eggs, cereal, doughnuts, bagels, english muffins, cookies, juice, coffee, bread) and very friendly owners who went the extra mile to ensure our satisfaction. Will only consider this hotel for future (as in next month) trips to Ouray. There's also a hot tub for those chilly nights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to River's Edge Motel? Share your experiences!