“Relaxing Stay at Timber Ridge” 5 of 5 stars

Timber Ridge Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Main Street, PO Box 285, Ouray, CO 81427   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ouray
Tempe, Arizona
“Relaxing Stay at Timber Ridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

At nearly the end of a 4500+ mile road trip we stayed two nights at the Timber Ridge Lodge. It was the most relaxing time of the trip (for me at least). Mike and Kima (owners) arranged a great off road trip from Ride-N ATV rentals. While traveling the back roads in the ATV my daughter yelled "best day ever!". The room was wonderful. My wife and I really appreciated the heavy curtains which allowed us to sleep in. The room was very clean and after staying in so many hotels it's nice to find one that clean. Both of my kids enjoyed the lobby. It was stocked with lots of books, a couple of shelves devoted to games, and had both a coffee & water machine. It was almost like home.

Mike and Kima were very helpful in making suggestions for places to eat and things to do. They were also a wealth of information about the surrounding area. Who knew that the original True Grit was filmed in the neighborhood? They also suggested the trail along the river for a good family hike. The lodge is very close to the river and the trail was really a relaxing stroll along the river. One of the pictures was taken on the river hike. We hope to return again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Wonderful place to stay. Rooms newly remodeled, spacious and clean. The in-room coffee was a plus, too! As was the microwave and mini fridge. Mike and family (owners) were warm and welcoming, when my friend and I arrived (we had seperate rooms). Mike showed each of us our room and wanted to make sure we were happy. Late on the first evening, around 9 or so I realized I had forgotten my phone charger, I went to the office to see if they had one, no luck, however, a few minutes after returning to my room, Mike knocked on my door, he had located a charger and let me use it for the rest of my stay, two nights total. I will be staying here on my next trip to Ouray, which I hope to be in the next month or so. Lodge is located by the river walk which provided a nice walk into town each morning for breakfast, and a nice after dinner stroll.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed five nights with Mike and the folks at Timber Ridge Lodge and can't say enough good things about it. Friendly, clean, extremely reasonable, quiet, great location and you can't beat four king pillows on the bed! Mike's a great host, always finding the best places to eat, camp, hike, et al. Truly my Ouray basecamp!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Stockton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Timber Ridge Lodge. Mike and his family were very accommodating.

They suggested places to eat and even made reservations for us. Mike told us many places we should visit while in this area and we are glad he did, as they all were beautiful and we would I am sure we would have missed them otherwise. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Internet and cell service worked fine. The scenery from our room was fantastic. They even had chairs/tables outside our room we could sit on and enjoy the view.

When we get back this way, we will definitely stay at the Timber Ridge Lodge.

Thank you Mike for making trip so enjoyable!

Alec & Vicky Hrabe

Room Tip: All rooms have an awesome view of the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My wife and I made the trip down from Glenwood Springs this past weekend and decided on the Timber Ridge because it was pet friendly (two small dachshunds) and reasonably priced. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. Many places can provide a clean room with a comfortable bed, and they had both btw, but the reason we will be coming back is the service from the owner. I've had some bad hotel experiences in the past year on that end and it was refreshing to not only be treated adequately, but well beyond that. If you ever make a journey to one of the most beautiful cities in the world, give Timber Ridge a try.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
denver, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

spend two nights early spring. the room and bathroom was very clean with a comfortable bed. hosts were very friendly and helpful. cant go wrong with the location either, walking distance from downtown and the hot springs

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We got away for our anniversary and decided to use the timber Ridge Lodge. We were greeted with very friendly hosts. To our suprise we had a bottle of champgne, candy and a sweet card in our room. Our room was very clean and was recently remodeled. Also the owner was very helpful helping us fine the perfect resteraunt for our dinner. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!!
Thanks for the nice memory.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Timber Ridge Lodge? Share your experiences!