“AMAZING HISTORY!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Oklahoma
“AMAZING HISTORY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The painted lady on the floor and the history in the photos.

Visited June 2012

Fruita, Colorado
“Fresh, home-made food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Off the beaten path, The Historic Western Hotel is home to some of the best, freshest, home-made food in Ouray! Built in 1891, the atmosphere is real, Old West - emphasis on old. This is an original building. The bar is old, wooden and full of character and the food is simply delicious!
Extremely fresh and home-made with a knock-out presentation too! Rose doesn't open the restaurant until after 4pm, but it's well worth the wait! Do yourself a a favor and don't miss this place! Service is friendly and fast!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kula, Maui, Hawaii
“Food was good, atmosphere lacking.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Food was good-I had a burger-but it took a while (or maybe we were really hungry!).
I was expecting a bit more from the decor-it was a bit shabby. It could be a really great place it they invested in some new furniture. I guess when I pictured eating at this historic hotel (which looks cool from the outside) I thought the experience inside would go with that theme.

Visited July 2011
Austin, Texas
“Good food and friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were there Saturday night before Labor Day. It seemed the staff were all running around like crazy, I imagine slammed by the holiday weekenders. We had a nice server who seemed overly booked. The food was fine. I had the Caesar with smoked salmon The dressing was a bit thickly applied, but it was still flavorful. My husband had the trout and it was good. I can't say this was great food, but it didn't have an hour wait like some other places and still offered a nice dining experience.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“What's not to like?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

On my first three visits, I ordered the same thing... the burger. I think that says something. But I ate there again tonight and had the most amazing pizza. 8 adults 4 kids. Everybody happy. Now I'm torn, in a good way. Love the historic saloon ambiance. Breckenridge Agave Wheat beer on tap is a perfect summertime brew. Has to be the best pizza in town, and possibly the best burger, though I haven't tried Cafe Ouray's yet. Certainly more quaint atmosphere here... Outside dining looked nice too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere