“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Ouray
grand junction
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Beaumont in Feb. of 2012. The building has original beauty and bones with the most amazing staircase and ballroom. Every room in the Beaumont is beautiful, we were showed around and then to our room at the top of the beautiful staircase. The room was incredible, from the decor to the bathroom to the amazing, and comfortable bed. The bistro downstairs had an incredible menu and food to match. The food was delicious, and well prepared. The Beaumont has a beautiful spa area and amazing massuses, we got couples massages and it was like heaven. The staff at The Beaumont was so friendly and helpful, they showed us around the different rooms and gave us the backstory of the building and perevious people that had come in and out of there. This was one of the most amazing places to be, Ouray is amazing, beautiful and scenic and the Beaumont lives up to its surroundings. I would reccommend it to anyone and everyone traveling through Ouray.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

If you are going to Ouray, you must stay at the Beaumont Hotel. It is simply one of the finest hotels in the world. It has been completely renovated to its original condition and words just don't do it justice - you have to see this place. Truly a bargain as well. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Moab, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My love brought me here for a surprise on Valentine's Day. This building is absolutely GORGEOUS! We stayed in the Tower Suite. When our lovely host Jennifer escorted us up to our room, I was brought to tears when I round the corner and was greeted by a beautiful spiral staircase in the middle of the room. (Sorry Jennifer! I felt so foolish. LOL) The room was immaculate. Very well lit with many windows. Beautiful antique furniture. The bed was hand carved and very comfortable. There was a minibar, coffee maker, microwave, sink, etc. etc. There were really nice long white robes found in the armoire <--sp? FLuffy brilliant white towels and washcloths, imported bottled water, little mints by the bed, a journal to write of your experience, lovely light fixtures, the wall were build of hand made bricks. Oh! and the linens on the bed were of the BEST quality. I've never felt so much like a princess in all my life. I could go on and on about this room, but really you should see it for yourself.
Jennifer was a fabulous host. She did everything we needed. Brought us fresh towels, offered to assist with our luggage, answered all of our questions, and offered us access to all of the services, She even brought a bucket of ice all the way up to our 3rd floor room. She was so sweet and hospitable! The following morning we squeaked down the historical grande staircase to get our caffiene fix and some breakfast and were greeted by Brian. He was sooooo nice. We asked him to show us the Grande Ballroom and he was just loaded with information about the history of the hotel. He even gave us a little story before we walked into the Ballroom. He was very helpful with everything we needed. It was like having a waitstaff for royalty at this place. We were sad to go but look forward to future getaways here. Thank you Jennifer and Brian for making our stay so lovely at The Beaumont.

-Chelsea and Tommy

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
JenBeaumontHotelSpa, Owner at Beaumont Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We LOVED having you stay with us. You were both so wonderful. Thank you so much for the sweet review. We hope to see you again soon!
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We went on a little getaway in Ouray last weekend and stayed at the Beaumont Hotel. I have
always wanted to stay there since it's renovation and it was so delightful. The room was
very warm, cozy and very quiet. The staff was very accommodating and after dinner we
checked out some dvd's from the hotel's collection which is a very nice touch. I would gladly
go back and stay there. The wallpaper is fabulous and the wine bar has nice wines to offer.

Royal Oak, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

While planning for our winter Colorado wedding (we are from Michigan), I researched several ski resorts and other hotels for our ceremony and reception. In addition to skiing, we also love to ice climb and thought that Ouray would be a fun and unique setting for our wedding. By searching for locations in Ouray online, we found the Beaumont Hotel. We visited the Beaumont in the fall and as soon as we walked into the hotel, we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. The hotel is beautifully restored, small and has a great feeling to it. The owner, Jennifer and her staff were so friendly and helpful. We did not look at any other venues after walking into the Beaumont!

In the months before the wedding, Jennifer was so helpful in planning the menu, the ceremony and reception. We ended up booking the entire hotel for the night of the wedding which allowed us & our guests to have it all to ourselves. On the day of the wedding, Jennifer and her staff were so helpful, they not only made sure everything was perfect but, also helped calm my nerves! Since the Beaumont is so beautiful, I only got 2 flower arrangements, no other decorations were needed which made things a lot easier!

The dinner and desserts were made by the hotel chef and the entire meal was fabulous. We continued to get compliments from our guests for days following the wedding on how great everything was at the Beaumont. After the wedding, my husband and I stayed for 2 more nights and continued to enjoy being at such a lovely hotel.

We are already looking forward to coming back to the Beaumont in the future to celebrate our wedding. Ouray and the Beaumont will be our special little place!

Jennifer - thank you so much for all of your help and helping me create the perfect wedding for us!

Charlie & Jennifer Larkin

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you SO MUCH for the wonderful review and for allowing us to host your big day. Our staff is still talking about you two and how we LOVED having you here. We will always remember you and your families with much adoration and we hope to see you again soon.
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I just celebrated her birthday this past weekend at the beautifully restored Beaumont Hotel. We each had a massage, dinner, and breakfast...a wonderful experience in the historic mining town of Ouray. While enjoying a tour of the hotel, we heard the "haunting" stories of its past history only to "relive" an interesting coincidence in our room. I went to get coffee as my wife went into the bathroom to get ready for the day. While I was gone, she turned to go out the door and it was inexplicably locked. She swore she did not lock it. I smiled and thought to myself that she must have accidently bumped the horizontal lock as that was the only "logical" explanation. About 15 minutes later I went into the bathroom, closed the door, did my thing and when I turned the door knob, it was locked! No explanation! Chad, one of the owners was going to check the lock as we departed from an unforgettable R&R. I'll bet it was working fine. 5 STARS!!!

Room Tip: The views are best from the south facing rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Ouray Colorado it self is something special and when my Wife and I decided to get married we chose the Beaumont Hotel because there is no other place in the world we would have rather celebrated such a special day. I cant tell you how perfect everything turned out. We have stayed in the Beaumont a handful of times and loved each stay but this one was outstanding. We started our wedding day in there spa which was heated for us at 8am and enjoyed peace and quiet while drinking our coffee and staring out at the picture perfect Colorado Mountains. Chad and Jennifer were absolutely amazing, as well as all of there staff who practically blended in and became our friends. They were so accommodating with everything, food, drinks, the Football games, and much much more. The food was amazing, the rooms are to die for, and the History and Architecture make your jaw drop. The Beaumont and the Switzerland of America will forever hold a special spot in our hearts!!

Room Tip: Every room is to die for!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beaumont Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!