“Don't let the exterior fool you! Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ordway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ordway
Hotel Ordway
You added Hotel Ordway to your Saves list
132 Colorado Ave., Ordway, CO 81063   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ordway
Bowling Green
“Don't let the exterior fool you! Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

A group of 10 of us are bicycling across the country and we spent the night here. Carol, the owner, was most friendly, bringing us big glasses of icy water as we arrived. The rooms are very comfortable (air conditioned, of course). The hotel even has WiFi. The hotel has been run continuously as a hotel for 103 years . . . you'll enjoy being part of its history! Not to be missed!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Morrison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The rooms are beautifully decorated and extremely clean and neat. The mattress is very comfortable and the room we stayed in had a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, cable TV and WiFI. It was our wedding anniversary when we stayed this time and Carol, the owner, brought us a vase of cut flowers to celebrate. The lobby is a step back in time the way it is decorated and very comfortable to just sit and relax or curl up with a good book. The owners know who we are when we call to make reservations and we have only stayed three times. The Hotel Ordway is definately our favorite hotel of choice to get away from the city and relax. I would highly recommend it to anyone how wants to enjoy a piece of history and enjoy a relaxing get away.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms on the North side of the building have duel access via the lobby or off of th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

I was in town to work for the day and had to stay unexpectedly that night. My options were to drive to Pueblo or stay in the only hotel in Ordway. I bit the bullet and booked a room in Ordway.

I was pleasantly surprised by the warm greeting from the female owner of the hotel. I was immediately made to feel at home and she walked me into my room to go over the accommodations. It was homey feel to the room and I the bed was very comfortable. Even the bedding was "home" like.

This is not your modern hotel by any means, but the service was great. The rooms were decorated nicely, it had a Victorian feel.

For an unexpected stay, it was a pleasurable experience. Having a choice between putting money in a bigger city, sterile hotel room with uncaring workers, or putting the money in the hands of honest, caring hotel owners...my choice is clear!

• Stayed February 2012
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Ordway this past fall and was overwhelmed by how nice it was. It is an old railroad hotel in a very small Colorado plains town, a block or two from the main street. From the moment you arrive, the appearance and history of the place takes you back in time. The owners are very helpful and friendly, and the room I had was very nicely decorated - almost like staying at your grandmother's house. The room was extremely clean and had a great tiled bathroom, tall ceilings, and very comfortable bed. I don't know when I will be in Ordway next, but I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone who is seeking a historic appearance on the plains of eastern Colorado.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

The owners of the hotel ( carol & tom ) were very friendly. I loved the room we stayed in. The hotel has a victorian feel and is very quiet. . I will definitely be returning with my husband .

• Stayed October 2010
Colorado Springs. Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

My Husband and three children really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Ordway. We were in the area for a few days, so called and booked a room. My children were very surprised as they actually have cable TV with HBO and Showtime. I was glad to be able to connect to the Internet. They had FREE wireless, and also for those without a laptop, they had a computer which you could use. The Hotel was very charming and very quiet. The rooms were decorated like a home, and were very clean!! I was very surprised and pleased.! We will stay again, when we go boating at Lake Meridith.

• Liked — Great Mattress
  • Disliked — Some Noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

My Husband and I really enjoy staying at the Hotel Ordway. We have now stayed countless times and look forward for more to come. This is a place for people who want to getaway from the big city and relax. The rooms are individualy decorated and are very comfy. My favorites are room #206 which is upstairs with a view of the city park and rooms #107 and #109 with there victorian flair. This small town hotel offers big town ammenities. The beds are good, sheets are soft, showers are hot and towels are fluffy. The owners Tom and Carol are very nice and helpful people. They also run a mexican restraunt next door to the hotel that is to die for. If you are looking for an inexpensive getaway were you don't have to bring your own shampoo, I would highly recomend the Hotel Ordway.------Adrianna

• Liked — the peace and quiet
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Ordway? Share your experiences!