“Great food, perfect location, nice people.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
King City, Missouri, United States
“Great food, perfect location, nice people.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have actually driven to Nederland from our home over a 3 day weekend to eat at the Black Forest Restaurant. It's a trip of about 675 miles and well worth it. We've followed the restaurant from Black Hawk, CO to Nederland. Their specialty is wild game and fowl. Snow goose, pheasant, and duck are available, but they have the best Elk Filet I have ever had. My fiancee says their Sauerbraten is exceptional, her favorite. Great Schnitzels, steaks, and chops are also wonderful fare. The service is a little slow, but forgivable when you look out the expansive windows at the scenery. Perfect.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Littleton, Colorado
“Service is Oh So SLOW”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Do not be in a rush when you come here. The service was painfully slow. The food was nothing special about the food -I had the Weiner schnitzel best part was the potatoes, my husband had the goulash the noodles where the best part. I left hungry and disapointed. Only redeeming feature was that room was bright and the water fall relaxing. Lots of other nicer restaurants close by.

Visited October 2012
Colorado Springs
“Great food, excellent service, dated decor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

When I first entered this place, I thought: dear God, this looks like my great aunt's house -- well kept and neat, but completely outdated. However... Our server was fantastic - so professional, friendly and warm! The food? Excellent! Fork-tender sauerbraten, delicious sides, scrumptious deserts. My biggest complaint besides the 30 year old decor is the pricing. Both meals and wine carry a steep price tag relative to value.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Relaxing atmosphere and good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped in for a bite to eat while on a mountain ride, and had a mixed American and German lunch. Reuben sandwich was good as well as the Fresh Fish Catch of the Day, which is sautéed. Chicken salad and BLT were OK. The apple strudle with vanilla ice cream was excellent! The waiter was charming and helpful. The atmosphere is really relaxing with the waterfall and live plants among interesting tables and decor. Nice afternoon break.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stopped in around 1:30 pm for a late lunch. After initial uncertainty that any of the staff had even noticed we were there (the sign said "wait to be seated" but three staff members walked past us without even making eye contact), we had a great meal with plenty of attention from the staff. The older gentlemen were particularly charming, making a show of carving my friend's roasted chicken at the table, and engaging in funny banter. The lemonade was great - freshly squeezed, and not too tart. I also had the Bratwurst plate, which was AWESOME. I LOVE sauerkraut, and theirs was first-rate. I enjoyed the food more than Helga's in Aurora, which was previously the best German restaurant I've found in the U.S. The dining room was really neat as well - lots of light, and a forest-like atmosphere with lots of plants and natural wood.

• Visited September 2012