“A unique property and experience worth stopping in for a few days” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort

Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Hot Springs Tickets
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Nathrop
“A unique property and experience worth stopping in for a few days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Overall this is a pretty amazing place to be. They really should have down pillows for the room prices. For as quaint as the resort is, there is a huge corporate overtone and often gave us the impression you're getting gouged even though their prices are fair. It is hard to explain, it just has to do with the way they communicated our final bill for which we had a $40 voucher plus a 10% local discount, as if we were trying to rip them off for using them... my wife agrees _/\_

• Stayed July 2013

539 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Washington, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort was our final stop upon finishing our family summer vacation. We especially enjoyed the actual springs that run along the creek. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Next time we would like to try out those beautiful cabins.
Very friendly staff. There were always lifeguards and attendants present at all swimming areas, the waterslide adds a little more fun for the kids and the adults as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The facilities are new and well maintained, views of mountains are spectacular. Dining room/bar has good menu, stock. However pool and gym do not open till 8 AM, so early risers have to jog or play tennis. Pool and gym are open after dark. General store has limited food, medicine chest type supplies, gas station. Cabins have full kitchen and resort is open year round.

Room Tip: Rooms at cliffside have a sliding glass door to outdoor patio, views of valley and Mt Princeton
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bailey, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've visited the hot springs twice in the past 2 weeks. The first time was over the 4th of July weekend. Myself and a large group of friends were camping nearby and visited the pool for the day w/ our kids. I found it to be VERY overpriced if you are coming only for the pool. It cost $22 pp for my husband & I & $16 for our son and then it was $5 pp extra for the slide. All in all we paid $75. They charge you extra for towels but luckily we had brought our own. The bathrooms & dressing rooms are small and cramped.
I was surprised there are no umbrellas w/ the chairs poolside. I personally don't like frying in the sun. You can bring in your own shade if you so desire. You can also bring in your own food.

We visited again this past weekend. My husband and a friend were hiking the Colorado Trail and we met them here at the end of this leg of the trail. We stayed in one of the rooms for 2 nights. The first night my son and I stayed alone while my husband was still on the trail. We had one of the Hillside rooms right above the upper pool. The room was very nice and came equipped w/ a mini refrigerator for us to store our snacks that we had packed. There was a very nice TV in the room but no DVD player w/ this room. Luckily I had brought my laptop so my son and I were able to have a movie night. There is no outdoor seating here unless you bring your own chair and just sit it outside. Also, there is no wifi access unless you are in the hotel lobby, restaurant, bar or spa.

The second night my son and I had to switch rooms when my husband arrived. We were moved to a Cliffside room. These rooms have an outdoor seating area that overlooks the entire property and nearby Mt. Princeton & Antero. This room also had a mini refrigerator and a microwave as well.

We had breakfast 2 days and dinner 1 night as well as drinks in the afternoon. The portions are large and the food is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed talking to our waiter Eren who is from Turkey and is here to study International Business.

I will definitely visit this resort again if I am needing to stay in the area but I won't pay just for the pool for the day. Way overpriced. I'd much rather stay at the resort and get the price of the pool included in my stay.

One other note: We found the beds to be way too soft. We all have firm mattresses at home. With that being said we rarely stay in a hotel where the mattresses are firm enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Idaho Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the Father's Day weekend!! We knew that it would be a busy weekend, but WOW, way to many people! Over crowded and the water was disgusting, the slide pool had an inch of sunscreen on the water and trash and human feces pooled in the corners! The adult pool for ages 16 and over was the place to be, clean and quite but boring! For the price of the rooms and the quality of the resort, I was very disappointed!

Room Tip: Pick Cliffside rooms or nothing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MtPrincetonMngmt, Manager at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to provide the most comfortable experience for all of our guests. We have created a variety of pool settings and am disappointed one did not suit you.

We hope that you will give Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort another chance to exceed your expectations in the future. We greatly appreciate your business, and once again apologize for your lackluster stay.

Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my third time in Mt Princeton Hot Springs and I always love to come back. Even though I travelled a lot through the US since 2009 (Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, ...), this is definitely my favorite spot.

Beautiful mountains, St Elmo, waterfalls, fairly close to Aspen via Independence Pass, Twin Lakes, ... plenty of attractions, e.g. horseback riding, white water rafting, biking, hiking, camping.

Resort itself is very nice, both cliffside rooms and cabins were very clean and in perfect shape every time I stopped by. Staff was very friendly and helpful, I never had any problems. Once the AC in our room stopped working, but it was immediately temporarily replaced with box fans and fixed the day after.

I would recommend this place to anyone who loves to enjoy Colorado from a relaxing and peaceful place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the encouraging review of your stay. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback.

It is always nice hearing that repeat guests enjoy their time spent at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs. Sounds like you are an avid traveler and to call Mt. Princeton your “favorite spot” is a huge compliment.

We are fortunate to be in such a beautiful area with so many activities to participate in. It is a pleasure to see our guests take advantage of the awesome things to do in the region.

We hope to see you back for a visit in the future. Thank you again.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The resort was clean and the staffs were friendly. The resort's exclusive pool was quieter than the public pools so I would highly recommend staying at the resort to gain access to this place. The spa was great! However, this place is more suitable for families than couples. My stay was relaxing but the ambiance was not romantic.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hillside. Even though from the outside looked like motels, the inside was clean and fur...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our Spa & Club is the newest addition to the resort and we are happy to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere.

I apologize that all aspects of your stay did not fulfill your expectations. Perhaps a stay in one of our cabins would provide you with the ambiance you are looking for? We hope you will come back for a visit in the future. We would love a second chance to provide you with a wonderful vacation.

Thank you again.

Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nathrop
Family-friendly...
#1 of 15 in Salida
4.5 of 5 stars 113 reviews
Independent Hot...
Buffalo Peaks Bed and Breakfast

Been to Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!