“Beautiful location, helpful & friendly staff....” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
FREE Hot Springs Tickets
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nathrop
Bailey, Colorado
“Beautiful location, helpful & friendly staff....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've visited the hot springs twice in the past 2 weeks. The first time was over the 4th of July weekend. Myself and a large group of friends were camping nearby and visited the pool for the day w/ our kids. I found it to be VERY overpriced if you are coming only for the pool. It cost $22 pp for my husband & I & $16 for our son and then it was $5 pp extra for the slide. All in all we paid $75. They charge you extra for towels but luckily we had brought our own. The bathrooms & dressing rooms are small and cramped.
I was surprised there are no umbrellas w/ the chairs poolside. I personally don't like frying in the sun. You can bring in your own shade if you so desire. You can also bring in your own food.

We visited again this past weekend. My husband and a friend were hiking the Colorado Trail and we met them here at the end of this leg of the trail. We stayed in one of the rooms for 2 nights. The first night my son and I stayed alone while my husband was still on the trail. We had one of the Hillside rooms right above the upper pool. The room was very nice and came equipped w/ a mini refrigerator for us to store our snacks that we had packed. There was a very nice TV in the room but no DVD player w/ this room. Luckily I had brought my laptop so my son and I were able to have a movie night. There is no outdoor seating here unless you bring your own chair and just sit it outside. Also, there is no wifi access unless you are in the hotel lobby, restaurant, bar or spa.

The second night my son and I had to switch rooms when my husband arrived. We were moved to a Cliffside room. These rooms have an outdoor seating area that overlooks the entire property and nearby Mt. Princeton & Antero. This room also had a mini refrigerator and a microwave as well.

We had breakfast 2 days and dinner 1 night as well as drinks in the afternoon. The portions are large and the food is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed talking to our waiter Eren who is from Turkey and is here to study International Business.

I will definitely visit this resort again if I am needing to stay in the area but I won't pay just for the pool for the day. Way overpriced. I'd much rather stay at the resort and get the price of the pool included in my stay.

One other note: We found the beds to be way too soft. We all have firm mattresses at home. With that being said we rarely stay in a hotel where the mattresses are firm enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Idaho Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the Father's Day weekend!! We knew that it would be a busy weekend, but WOW, way to many people! Over crowded and the water was disgusting, the slide pool had an inch of sunscreen on the water and trash and human feces pooled in the corners! The adult pool for ages 16 and over was the place to be, clean and quite but boring! For the price of the rooms and the quality of the resort, I was very disappointed!

Room Tip: Pick Cliffside rooms or nothing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MtPrincetonMngmt, Manager at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to provide the most comfortable experience for all of our guests. We have created a variety of pool settings and am disappointed one did not suit you.

We hope that you will give Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort another chance to exceed your expectations in the future. We greatly appreciate your business, and once again apologize for your lackluster stay.

Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my third time in Mt Princeton Hot Springs and I always love to come back. Even though I travelled a lot through the US since 2009 (Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California, ...), this is definitely my favorite spot.

Beautiful mountains, St Elmo, waterfalls, fairly close to Aspen via Independence Pass, Twin Lakes, ... plenty of attractions, e.g. horseback riding, white water rafting, biking, hiking, camping.

Resort itself is very nice, both cliffside rooms and cabins were very clean and in perfect shape every time I stopped by. Staff was very friendly and helpful, I never had any problems. Once the AC in our room stopped working, but it was immediately temporarily replaced with box fans and fixed the day after.

I would recommend this place to anyone who loves to enjoy Colorado from a relaxing and peaceful place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the encouraging review of your stay. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback.

It is always nice hearing that repeat guests enjoy their time spent at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs. Sounds like you are an avid traveler and to call Mt. Princeton your “favorite spot” is a huge compliment.

We are fortunate to be in such a beautiful area with so many activities to participate in. It is a pleasure to see our guests take advantage of the awesome things to do in the region.

We hope to see you back for a visit in the future. Thank you again.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The resort was clean and the staffs were friendly. The resort's exclusive pool was quieter than the public pools so I would highly recommend staying at the resort to gain access to this place. The spa was great! However, this place is more suitable for families than couples. My stay was relaxing but the ambiance was not romantic.

Room Tip: We stayed in Hillside. Even though from the outside looked like motels, the inside was clean and fur...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Our Spa & Club is the newest addition to the resort and we are happy to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere.

I apologize that all aspects of your stay did not fulfill your expectations. Perhaps a stay in one of our cabins would provide you with the ambiance you are looking for? We hope you will come back for a visit in the future. We would love a second chance to provide you with a wonderful vacation.

Thank you again.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went there as we were travelling accross the US. We heard about the place from our friends who visited it before. They talked us into not believing in any bad reviews. We are so glad they did.

The location and everything else about the resort is absolutely perfect. All resort employees we spoke to were carrying, friendly, welcoming, polite and super professional - from housekeepers, front desk, restaurant, pool and spa to a little country store. Even a maintenance worker helped us find a parking spot when he saw we were struggling finding the right place to park.

We spent only one night, but enjoyed our time at the resort for two whole days. We felt like a part of their family the second day since employees greated us and already remembered us by name. Especially great was a talk dark hair well dressed manager guy who had a nice conversation with us and asked us how we were doing, where we came from and to be sure to let him know if we needed anything. Being from Europe and travelling accross the East and West coast of US we all agreed that we got the best customer service there from all places.

The whole area and mountains are just charming. We enjoyed every bit of it. We loved having to walk to get around the resort. We spent so much time in the car and it was nice for a change. The resort was quite busy and there was a wedding going on, but it was still worth it. Pools are beautiful and you have it all - natural more historical looking pools on one side of the creek and luxury pools and spa on the other side of the creek. You get more of laid-back Colorado feeling at the historical bath house plus relaxing wellness by just crossing the little bridge. Pools were clean for how busy they were and the view was spectacular. Some people vacationing there were not so polite and respectful, and even loud but that is just a nature of the business. We travel so much that we thought it was still better than most places. Plus it was obvious that Management cares about everyone having a good time there.

We all like outdoor activities. We used the concierge help and went rafting, mountain biking and hiking. What a place? They just have it all. We stayed in one of the cabins and we all agreed that we probably never slept in more comfortable bed. Our cabin was also clean. We had everything we needed. We ate on the restaurant deck and it was a nice experience. Service was great and our waitress, hostess and bartender were all so nice and seemed to be a great team. Food was good. Juice bar was the best for us. We like more healthy food.

The whole atmoshpere of that place is amazing. We so wished to have more time to spend there. We didn´t get a chance to enjoy any spa services, but we talked to couple people who did and they were just raving about them.

We found our own "gemstone" in Colorado. Thank you everyone at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort. We will be back one day and we most definitely recommend your place to people travelling to US.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for your business. It sounds like you truly experienced a Colorado vacation. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the time spent with us.

We are greatly appreciative of your kind words about our staff. It is top priority to provide every guest with V.I.P. service. It is fantastic that you felt at home while staying with us.

Our Concierge program is something new at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort. It is our goal to make sure our guests know all about the wonderful activities to take part in around the area. So happy to hear you took advantage of this amenity.

We look forward to seeing you back for another stay in the future. Please feel free to introduce yourself to a member of our friendly management team the next time you are in the area.

El Dorado, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The website and lobby area portray Mt. Princeton as an upscale resort, but the accommodations were not to that level. We stayed in a Hillside room. Though this is the least expensive room, it was still about $160 per night and was really no more than a typical 3-3.5 star hotel room. There is no inside entrance, rather, each room enters directly from the parking area. The beds and linens were nice with a small flat screen tv and a normal size tub/shower with an extended wide curtain. There was no wi-fi access, which was disappointing. My biggest problem with the accommodations was the lack of anything other than hot (and I mean very hot) water. I learned upon check-out that the hotel uses the hot springs for all of the water in the facility. A 110-degree soak is one thing, but a 110 degree shower each night/morning was no fun. There were two small (16-oz) bottles of water in the room at check-in, but they weren't replaced. Unless you know to ration this (or bring your own water in), you quickly end up with no water to drink, brush teeth, etc. There are some private homes in the same general area of the hotel, so there is certainly access to a regular water supply. Other than the obvious cost savings of not having to pay for water, I have no idea why Mt. Princeton has chosen not to offer this.

We didn't use the spa facilities or the adult pool, but spent time in the soaking pool (108-ish) and the exercise pool (96-98 degrees) on both days. Those pools were comfortable, but neither was very relaxing with a lot of kids running around and no supervision from the hotel staff. The "historic bathhouse" was nothing more than a check-in desk with two changing rooms. The men's changing room had a common shower area (4 shower heads - again, nothing but very hot water) with used towels laying everywhere.

All in all, if I was interested in a hot spring experience in the Buena Vista area I would consider returning to Mt. Princeton, but only on a daily usage rate. The lack of regular water combined with the cost of the room does not justify returning for the accommodations.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I cannot apologize enough that your time at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs did not meet your standards.

Over the past six years, our new ownership has been working diligently to upgrade the facilities in order to meet our guest’s needs. All of our hotel rooms have been completely remodeled and cabins added to the property.

I apologize that you were inconvenienced by the lack of wi-fi access in the rooms. We do offer free wi-fi access for guests in the main lobby of the lodge and at our new Spa & Club. Because of our rural area, it has been a challenge to provide internet access in the rooms and cabins. This is something that we are working on and hope to have completed within the year.

We do provide unlimited complimentary bottles of water for guests. Because Mt. Princeton is a family-friendly resort, we designed the Spa & Club to offer adult guests a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. This new addition to the resort offers a peaceful retreat to enjoy a relaxing soak, massage, or meal at the juice bar. It’s a shame you weren’t able to experience that area of property.

Once again, we apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. We hope you will decide to visit again and utilize our adult-only facilities. Thank you again for your feedback, and your business.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for 1 night while on a trip to Colorado in the main lodge. The location was convenient for all pool and natural hot springs. The pools and natural hotsprings were worth the stop and experience. The hotel was average but clean. However, we called twice to have or television/cable fixed and they came but the problem was never resolved. One would have thought upon check out there may have been some sort of compensation but nothing... even when it was mentioned that we were surprised they didn't do anything for our inconvenience. On a plus note the bartender made a great margarita but their crab cakes lacked crab and had an abundance of filler.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MtPrincetonMngmt, Front Office Manager at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. It is nice to know that you were pleased with our swimming/soaking facilities.

I apologize you had issues with the television which we were unable to resolve. We will be using your review as an example to our check-out agents to improve their sensitivity to guest comments.

We hope that you will return again and give Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort the opportunity to provide you with the service and experience you deserve.

Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort

Been to Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!