Went for a couple of days......a tad bit disappointing primarily because I wasn't informed when I booked the trip there would be either a hike down an icy trail or a steep decline down some stairs to reach the mineral pools. Neither option was appealing with bad knees. We would have probably booked a cabin close by the mineral pools had I known.
Another "problem" seemed to be the lack of directions to the facilities. We were informed we would find "this here" and "that there", however, we, and others we met, had a horrible time navigating.
I thought the restaurant was supurb. The waitstaff was courteous and attentive but not overly so. There was a substancial wait for our food, however. Fine with us - we most certainly weren't in any hurry. Hubby was not as thrilled with his food selections as I was (first night had he had a Salmon special - second night was pasta).
We stayed in one of the Cliffside Motel rooms. First night was wonderful; second one not so much. Apparently, the resort uses hot water from the springs to supply heat. For some reason, all the pipes in the ceiling were making a horrible rattling sound all night not to mention some sort of loud "gurgling" sound coming from our heat source. Another irritation was that we didn't get replacement coffee or freshly made beds for the second night.
Would probably go again but would make sure to book a cabin close to the water!
One other item to mention is that the staff is wonderful! They are happy to work there. We had the same server both nights - on the second night, she said the company was absolutely wonderful to work for. Gosh don't hear THAT very often!
- Also Known As:
- Mount Princeton Hot Springs Hotel Nathrop
- Mount Princeton Hot Springs Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A gorgeous natural oasis surrounded by towering peaks. Your perfect getaway, with every amenity. Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort is where you can do it all. Satisfy your quest for adventure, experience the healing powers of Colorado hot springs, and indulge in pampering spa treatments. Unlimited outdoor recreation alternatives for every interest, in every season, at every level. Gourmet meals, choice lodging, and our welcoming staff await you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.