“Jim & Linda's Wedding” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monument
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Jim & Linda's Wedding”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

When we first checked in quite disappointed in the location, condition of the property and the room itself. This is quite old and needs a lot of work. We were in Room 115, which did have an outside porch area and faced the pool. Our sliding door would not lock properly, thank heavens we had a large stick in the track.

There is a continental breakfast, wonderful coffee, however it was not replenished in a timely manner, could take over 20 minutes to get the staff to refill items.

The wedding was held at the facility and the staff did a wonderful job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Sundance Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I am glad to hear that the event was a big success, but sorry to hear that you did not get coffee in a timely manner. We have had issues with our sliding doors as they need to be upgraded. Hopefully we can get that done soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Gilroy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great staff! Super friendly. In a great location when visiting the Air Force Academy. I have already booked my reservations for Graduation week...totally looking forward to it. Super pleased with the restaurant...great food!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Make your plans early because we may already be sold out for Air Force Graduation. I am very pleased that you are coming back and that we lived up to your expectations. Indeed the food at Oakley's is wonderful!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just had our wedding here on 9/7/13 and it was amazing! It was a little frustrating originally as we went through 3 wedding planners; however, our last wedding planner (Renee), who I dealt with the most, was absolutely wonderful. She was very helpful in all of the planning and when I had questions. We had tons of friends and family stay here for the wedding and everyone raved that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food was great, the DJ (Springs Sounds, which is included in the venue) was amazing. Everyone raved about the DJ as he kept everyone involved! I loved the fact that all of the doors to the reception area open up to a large patio with tables. This way people could even stand out on the patio and still see what was happening inside and listen to the music. When we were originally looking for venues for our wedding, we chose Sundance Mountain Lodge because it seemed to be the best value, again, I loved the reception area and how it opened up to the patio area and I loved the fact that everyone could stay there and be together. We happen to have our rehearsal dinner there as well and that was awesome too. From the highway, this place looks like an average hotel; however, once you get inside, you would never know that this was just off the highway as it has the feel of a secluded mountain resort. The rooms are very nice, there is a creek running by some of the rooms and views of a pond. I could not have asked for a more perfect day or perfect place for my wedding!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am thrilled that your event went so well and that everyone could stay together for your event. It is a perfect location to do all of the events for the weekend: rehearsal, wedding ceremony, reception and after party and not have to bus guests around! I am glad you found that to be true. We have a wonderful and stable event staff!
san leandro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful stay there. Not fancy, fairly rustic, but that is it's charm! It's just off the highway a bit, but once inside, you are in a mountain lodge!
My room was clean, quiet, nicely decorated, and had a waterfall outside. The staff were al helpful and friendly. I didn't encounter any challenges, but I saw someone who did, and the manager, Jane, immediately went out of her way to see that he was happy.
This is a great place for a wedding, a reunion or other special event, the grounds are beautiful, with a view of Pike's Peak, and the location is so convenient! There is a pool and hot tub, and a great onsite restaurant with an awesome happy hour, good food and a nice wine selection with great prices.
I will definitely be back, and recommend it if you are looking for a Colorado Mountain experience just 50 miles from Denver!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We do have some curb appeal issues, i must admit. But once people come in they really appreciate what we have done to the rooms, lobby and grounds. Thank you for taking the time to let others know!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff went way above and beyond. We were there for a wedding and service was great. Food was excellent. Nice casual atmosphere in the rest of the hotel. Great views. Rooms were very spacious and you could tell that they had been reworked recsently. Smores at night were a big hit out on the deck by the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you appreciate the decor and the setting we have created. I love having smores as an option as it really feels like Colorado! Thanks for the comment!
Durango
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The promotional pictures on the internet tend to exaggerate. It is too close to the highway and needs to be isolated from the unattractive land and or property which is next to the hotel.

The main problems are that the t.v. s are old and the room service is poor. The staff had to be reminded twice to make the bed. We were compensated for this oversight . The breakfast was the ordinary complimentary.

They did have quite a crowd of people for two weddings and it must appeal to the locals.

Room Tip: Ask them if they have changed their room staff.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GEO-on-the-go, Owner at Sundance Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your input, it helps us to improve our service to you as well as future guests. I'm proud to know our staff reacted to your dissatisfaction by giving a $20 per day discount for the period of your stay. I'll have my general manager look into the housekeeping issues you encountered, and I apologize for that.

The televisions are being replaced very soon; we are in the end process of these and other improvements right now. We truly are doing everything we can to improve our property and our commitment to our guests. We understand what people expect in a hotel and are working very hard to deliver just that. I appreciate your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I think this is the best lodge & hotel I ever stayed in from the service, to the location I really enjoyed myself I stayed there for 1 week and 2 days this was the cleanest, friendliest lodge I have ever stayed in. there was a great pool, Activities in the on house bar/restaurant which had amazing food and service I really enjoyed the live band. I have to say this was my best vacation I had in a long time thank you to the best staff in the world I have stayed in many hotels & lodges in my lifetime this by far the best around experience I have told everyone that tells me that they are planning a vacation they must stay there THANKS once again!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for choosing Sundance for your vacation! I love to hear good comments about our staff and about happy, relaxed guests. A quiet and reasonably priced vacation, can't beat that! Thanks for the kind words.

Been to Sundance Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!