“why stay anywhere else??!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Arrow Inn & Suites

You added Red Arrow Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 East Main Street, Montrose, CO 81401 (Formerly Best Western Red Arrow)   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Montrose
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Central Florida
“why stay anywhere else??!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

In all of our years of travelling, we have never stayed in a room so exceptionally large and well cared for, with a much appreciated refrigeration. Lovely side area lawn that would have been perfect for young children and play in to get out all of that extra energy they may have from a long drive. We appreciated the hotel's close proximity to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison which we explored earlier in the day. A wide range of restaurants in the area were available for every foodie type. The next morning, we were glad to have a hearty breakfast that was included in our stay so that we could get right on the road and explore Colorado National Monument. You all do it right!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello "travellingator",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review after your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I do believe we have one of the best locations in town, on Main street but also close to the Black Canyon. I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, as we work hard to provide a great way for our guests to start the day.

I hope you had a wonderful time at the Colorado National Monument. We hope if you find yourself in this area again you will stay with us!

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stayed here 5 years ago but in a different building. You want to stay in the second building. Our room this time was large but not as large as before and not as well kept. The pool was nice and the cookies are always good. The front desk was really nice. The sheets were rough and the towels skimpy and thin. Breakfast good, they will cook your eggs to order.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear "Snickerdoddle",

First of all, thank you for being a return guest! We sure appreciate your business. I am very sorry to hear that this stay didn't quite meet your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable stay deliverer with superior customer service in a unique environment.

I am happy you still enjoyed some aspects of your stay like the service, breakfast and of course cookies. However, this does not excuse our short comings. We just recently purchased all new linen for our rooms, I am very disappointed that it appears older linen is still in circulation. This is something I will resolve straight away. I apologize for this inconvenience. Our rooms are very large in both the second and third building, they are nearly 370 sq. ft. If you prefer the second building please let me know your next visit and I will be happy to honor that request.

Thank you again for being a loyal guest. Your feedback is crucial for us to continue to become the best hotel we can be. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Heather H
mulege
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights.. The second building, especially 221 and around there is beautiful with large rooms and beautiful green views from your private balcony. Extremely large rooms and smoking and non-smoking rooms available. The breakfast was great including all the good stuff including farm fresh eggs/omelets, bisquits and gravy (with lotsa sausage in it). fruit etc. Area to clean motorcycles and vehicles with sprayers, rags, soaps, brushes, etc available for guests..Staff.. office and others staff were friendly and helpful...since I use trip advisor for references... thought I should do my part and review for others. Different place tomorrow.. best travels..

Room Tip: 2nd building, upstairs
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerRedArrow, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear "mulegeman",

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We sincerely appreciate your comments and your business. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our mission is to provide a clean and comfortable stay delivered with superior customer service in a unique environment. Sounds like we met our goals during your visit. I am happy you noticed the little extras like the motorcycle wash station, farm fresh eggs, and large rooms. We hope you'll stay with us again next time your in Montrose.

Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were planning a trip to Montrose to visit family and this place was having a Groupon deal, so I figured we would give it a try. I was looking forward to staying somewhere that provided breakfast, so we wouldn't have that extra expense. Needless to say, I'm not sure what the hype on the breakfast is because every time my husband went there, the only stuff available was dried out pastries, old bagels, cereal and bitter tasting coffee. I don't know, maybe we didn't understand the process?? Anyways, the rooms were pretty lackluster also. It smelled very dingy, moldy and lingered of old smoke. The carpets were dirty, and I don't mean a little dirty, we had to wash my daughters feet every night before bed because they were black from walking on the carpet. Also, there were large gaps under the doors from the outside entrance that basically let in spiders. We killed a big one on day two. We also had to run the fan all night to drown out the noise coming from other rooms and the hallways.
The fridge and microwave were nice since I had to store my daughter's milk while I was there. The shower had good water pressure and we never ran out of hot water. The staff was really nice when we checked in, so for those last reasons I have this place the rating that I did. Maybe I'm just a clean freak or pickier than most, but if I return to the area I will probably stay somewhere else.

Stayed August 2014
Dear "KG311",

First, thank you for being our guest and taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. Although, this was a hard one to read it is important that we receive all feedback good or bad as it is what allows us to keep improving.

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy our breakfast. I'm not sure where the breakdown happened but I can assure you we have more than pastries and coffee. We get local eggs from a farm here in town which we have scrambled - both plain and with peppers. Our attendant will also cook eggs to order should you request them. We have sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurt, granola, fruit, hot and cold cereals, apple and cherry turnovers (which we bake daily), bagels, English muffins and bread. Our coffee is Seattle's Best and typically our guests enjoy the upgraded brand. We did share your feedback with our breakfast staff to ensure that they are keeping things stocked as needed. We also asked them to keep the breakfast open 15 minutes longer just to ensure the guests who come in towards the end of our hours have a chance to grab food.

In regards to your room, this is also not typical of our guest experience. We work hard to provide a clean and comfortable room for you to stay in. I wish we could have addressed any issues prior to your departure. We do have a preventative maintenance and cleaning program that allows us to shampoo all carpets on a rotating schedule. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping supervisor and staff.

I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We genuinely care about all of our guests and want them to have the best trip possible. I am happy that you found the staff friendly, water pressure and temperature to your liking, and the fridge in your room useful. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay. Please don't hesitate to call or email me directly should you have any additional questions or concerns.

(970) 249-9641
heather@redarrowinn.com

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This motel sits along the main road in Montrose. Rooms are spacious, quiet and well equipped. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is excellent.

A/c and wifi are both working properly (quite unusual, in our experience).

Definite plus is that one of Montrose's best restaurants, Ted Nelson's Steakhouse, is walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello "tawv",

Thank you for being our guest. I am very happy to hear that you found everything as it should be during your stay.

You are correct, Ted Nelson's Steakhouse is one of the best restaurants in town and we are lucky to be right next door! Hope you had a wonderful trip and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Montrose area.

Cheers,

Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel very nice, clean and large. Good value for the money. We needed a ground floor room and booked the day before with the request. Staff would not honour the request. No elevator and it was very difficult to manage.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "Marcelle B",

First of all, thank you very much for being our guest and second for taking the time to write us feedback on your recent stay. Although I appreciate your kind words regarding the size and cleanliness of our hotel, I am very disappointed to hear that you found the staff unhelpful. This is not typical of the type of service we provide.

We do take all requests regarding room location and do our very best to honor as many as we can. I apologize that in this case, we were unable to provide you with a room on the first floor. However, our staff is trained to provide any and all assistance necessary to guests - especially if a request was not honored. I will be using your feedback as a training tool for our front desk staff.

I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Shawnee, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had never been to Montrose and saw a great deal on Groupon. So glad we did! I knew this was going to be a good experience before we even arrived. I had hurt my knee so I called to see if we could get a room on the first floor. They had originally put us on the second which I am sure would have been a little bit better for looking out over the grassy area and the large willow tree. But were very agreeable to moving us where it would be easier for me. Thank you Doris!

Check in and check out were very simple and easy. The folks checking us out thought Theresa was probably the young lady who checked us in. She was so friendly and helpful and helped us later in the week. The room for the special was two beds. Still plenty of room for moving around. Probably the largest motel room we have ever stayed in. Frig to keep things cold. Nice large vanity area. Clean bathroom area. Bed was very comfortable. Wi-Fi was a little spotty one night only. Some might say the décor is a bit overdue for an update but it was so clean we didn't care at all. A few darker places on the carpet but I imagine that is impossible to keep up with in a motel. Nice patio right outside our room. The only thing I might have liked would have been a grab bar for the shower portion of the tub/shower combo. With my knee injured it would have made it easier for me to get into the tub to take a shower. There was a grab bar for people to get up out of the tub.

Breakfast was good. Farm fresh eggs, waffles, biscuits & gravy, sausage,particularly liked the yogurt/fruit/granola. All the standard cold options. Gal in the breakfast area was so friendly and was constantly busy making sure all was as it should be. Fresh flowers on the table - a nice way to start the day.

Hot tub - We made much use of this for soaking my knee. It was always clean and hot. Saw personally that it was emptied and refilled twice while we were there. It could have been more often.

Overall vey quiet. We were in the third building close to the ice machine on the first floor and we could not hear it at all in our room. I would highly recommend this as a base for your travels around Montrose. Don't know we would ever return here, but we would have no reason to stay any place else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back looking over the grassy area and at the willow tree probably provide the most tran...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello "kstravlr_25",

Wow! Thank you for such a detailed review of your recent stay, we love hearing feedback from our guests. Our special promotions, such as the Groupon you purchased, are a fun way to bring new people to town and let folks discover us who may not have normally. I am glad that it lead you to the Montrose area and I hope you had a fun time exploring. Should you make your way back to this part of Colorado we would love to have you as our guests again!

Manager

Been to Red Arrow Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!