“Right on” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Arrow Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Red Arrow Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 East Main Street, Montrose, CO 81401-3811 (Formerly Best Western Red Arrow)   |
Offers & Announcements
$10 off room rate
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Coldwater, Michigan
“Right on”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let's face it. There isn't a whole lot to choose from in Montrose. I guess it isn't Montroses fault that they aren't next to a Disney World, or the Grand Canyon. But this was where we were ending our day and started looking for a place to stay. After weighing all the options, the Best Western looked to be the best of what was available. I wasn't expecting much. I usually don't. It makes disappointment easier to take.
I shouldn't have been so skeptical. Not impressive at all from the outside. I guess they put their energy into the inside. Like many Best Westerns that I have stayed at, they have some unusual qualities. Not just a cracker jack box with a bed.
Here are the pluses:
Big room.
Clean room. Much better than usual.
Quit. Never heard a sound, except for the rain.
Skylight in the bathroom. Nice touch.
Stove and refrigerator. Really a Micro and reefer, but I like the former sound better.
Good Wi-fi. Much better than most. 15 up and 3 down.
A whirlpool and a shower.
The bathroom area was large with a unique and very nice set-up.
The breakfast was better than the norm. Fresh scrambled eggs, sausage patties and all the other stuff. Even a bowl of yogurt.

Downside:

Two stories but NO elevator.
One ice machine was broken so only one left located about 1/4 mile away. I had to drive there.Gotta have ice for the bourbon.

Green Features: I'm not sure they have any. It must have taken 100 gallons of water to fill the whirlpool bath.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BWMontrose, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello "banjobillk",

It was such a treat to read your candid response. I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You are correct, Montrose is not a major resort town. However, we do our best to offer our guests a great experience while they are with us. In addition to our well appointed rooms and delightful breakfast, we have many on site amenities for travels to enjoy. They include; motorcycle wash station, outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, fitness center, outdoor fire pit and BBQ area.

I hope that you come visit us on your next trip through as we would love to get to know you better. We hope that our ice machine will be up and running in the very near future. I apologize for your inconvenience. I know that a nice cold adult beverage while winding down after a long evening is a luxury many guests look forward to.

Safe Travels,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of Colorado roadtrip...Everything ok for a roadside motel...A\C in our room very loud..pretended that I was on a cross atlantic flight so I could sleep...sounded like a jet engine. Breakfast spread real good.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear "yortele",

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I have already had our engineering manager address the air conditioning unit in your room. I apologize again that this negatively affected your stay.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. We are very proud of our offerings as they include; farm fresh scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, granola, fruit, apple and cherry turnovers, hot and cold cereals, as well as toast and bagels. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 970-249-9641.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very nice place to stay. Front desk clerk very friendly and helpful. Has a huge lawn in back with covered patios for rooms 121 through 124 (first floor) so you can relax right outside your room. 11 restaurants within a 15 minute radius and right on U.S. 50 (U.S. 50 West turns into Main St. once you enter Montrose).

• Stayed September 2013
Dear "ReaverArmor"

Let me just start by thanking you for your complimentary review. We work hard to ensure our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay delivered with superior customer service. I know our staff will appreciate hearing that all their hard work was worth while.

We are very lucky to have a large amount of open space on property. It's perfect for just looking at while you relax on your patio, or for letting the family burn some extra energy. Our location on Main St. is also perfect for enjoying what Montrose has to offer. We are close to many restaurants and attractions, as you mentioned, while also having easy access to the Black Canyon National Park.

We sincerely thank you for your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to the Montrose area.

Guin, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spend one night. Has all the needs we were wanting. Breakfast was fair. Service was good. The only issues we had was the inside pool and hot tub. Needed to clean, pool water to greenish and there was film to could see in the hot tub.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BWMontrose, Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear "Jackie H",

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We have a disciplined hot tub and pool maintenance program so I am surprised to hear about the condition of these amenities during your stay. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We are in the midst of a 50 nite vacation and spend over 50 nites a year in hotels/time shares. This hotel was superior in all aspects and economical to boot. Staff is super.In close proximity to national park

Dear NurseYaYas,

I wanted personally to let you know how gratifying it was to receive your kind note and feedback from your recent stay. Coming as it did from someone all too familiar with hotel stays and amenities, it meant all the more to me.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the other members of our staff--the real backbone of our hotel. I know that they truly appreciated the compliments you awarded us.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay again on your next trip to the area.

Travel Safely,

Johnstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Booked on line and got a great rate.The staff was very helpfull. Pool was clean and warm. Nice place to wash the bike and towel it off. Breakfast was great. Many locations within walking distance to have dinner. I would and will stay here every time I get over on the western slope of Colorado.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello "John P",

I was delighted to receive your note, and was especially pleased to read your kind words about our pool, bike wash station, and breakfast. It made me happy to know you feel at home with us.

I will share your kind words with the rest of our staff as I know they will appreciate hearing their hard work does pay off. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Montrose area and sincerely thank you for your business.

Safe Travels,

Rolling Meadows, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel was pretty good for the price. Room was big, beds comfortable. Everything was clean. Breakfast, like everywhere else in USA within that price range - pretty bad. Overall - I paid twice as much for worse hotels in other cities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello "Pawel B",

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay here at the Best Western Red Arrow. I am thrilled to hear that the room amenities and cleanliness met your expectations.

However, I am disappointed to hear that you found our breakfast lacking. We work with a local farm here in town to provide our guests with fresh eggs we scramble daily with mixed vegetables. We also provide biscuits and gravy, sausage, fresh baked apple and cherry turnovers, granola, yogurt, fresh seasonal fruit, hot and cold cereals, as well as the usual toast and bagels. We are always looking for new ways to allow our breakfast to stand out above the rest of our competitors and will take your feedback into consideration.

Thank you again for staying with us, we sincerely appreciate your business. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Montrose area.

Warm Regards,

Manager

Been to Red Arrow Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!