“Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Arrow Inn & Suites

You added Red Arrow Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 East Main Street, Montrose, CO 81401-3811 (Formerly Best Western Red Arrow)   |
Offers & Announcements
$10 off room rate
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lakewood, Colorado
“Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at several Best Westerns around the country and have to say that this hotel tops them all. All Best Westerns have what I consider to be top of the line customer service, ready to help anyway possible. However, the rooms at other Best Westerns on the other hand can be questionable.

The Best Western Red Arrow in Montrose has large rooms and large bathrooms. Instead of most hotel rooms where you feel cramped, there is room to exercise without having to move any furniture. The bathrooms are so large, you can actually walk into the bathroom and not have to move into some odd position to shut the door. To add to these features, the rooms are very clean and seem to be well maintained.

To add to that, their Continental breakfast is top quality as well. They offer a variety of fresh things, including availability to make your own omelets.

I didn't use the separate indoor hot tub, but it looked just as impressive as the rest of the place. Thank you Red Arrow, I will definitely be staying with you if and when I return to Montrose.

Room Tip: There are two separate wings behind the Pancake House Restaurant, the East wing seems to be a newer...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had mixed feeling about this hotel so I will rate it by pros and cons.

Pros: Closest hotel to Black Canyon, nice breakfast area, rose garden, pool,
If you are traveling with children there is a grassy play area in back of the hotel.

Cons: There are no elevators, so if you are given a second floor room, be prepared to drag luggage up an open- stair designed bi-level stairwell. We asked for a quiet room and we assigned a room in the last building from the office. This was a strange location. Military jeeps and heavy equipment were parked all over the parking lot and we looked out on this from our balcony. There was an out of business? restaurant in front and the odor from the dumpster was
so terrible that we could not sit on our balcony.

I would suggest asking for a room in the first two buildings. If you have any mobility issues, ask for a room on the first floor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was the reviews from others that lead us to this great hotel (motel) in Montrose. To be honest, I was a bit worried about the quality. I tend to be very picky about the rooms I stay in and am very uncomfortable in old and dirty places. This place was great. The rooms are very spacious and newly updated. The pillows are full and comfortable. The bathroom is clean and updated. A clean bathroom is also very important to me, particularly the tile. I was impressed with the shower and how clean the grout was. I believe it was still fairly new. The towels were without stains (a big plus!). Even the t.v. remote was clean! I usually have to use baby wipes and sanitizer on the remote before I will pick it up, but this one was not dirty! The only drawback was that the heating system was lacking and in need of an update; even after three hours of running it on high heat, the room was intolerably cold. We were there on New Year's Eve and the high that day was 20 degrees (not unusual for Montrose).

I also give the staff kudos for outstanding service. I was greeted very pleasantly by the desk clerk who treated me like a friend, asking little questions and ensuring my stay would be comfortable. She also checked to make sure we were okay with a ground-floor room and that the location was acceptable. (This is not a hotel with hallways, but rather the rooms open directly to the parking lot.) The next morning, as my husband and I headed out for breakfast, an employee was out in 7 degree weather (!) brushing the snow and scraping the ice off the cars off all the hotel guests!

The "continental" breakfast was more than continental. They had a great selection of hot dishes to make yourself, including omlets (with all the fixin's), belgian waffles (sweet and delicious) with a choice of syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, a variety of juices, coffee and hot chocolate. The place was clean and organized. It was, however, incredibly cold, despite the placement of space heaters and an open oven door. This would be my only complaint, and it is a minor one at that.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay there again. The value for the money is excellent and the friendly staff is just the icing on the cake!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Shauna C,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We absolutely love when reviews from previous guests bring us new ones! We were truly pleased to read your review and find you enjoyed all we have to offer.

At the Red Arrow guests are encouraged to feel comfortable and at home. One of the best amenities we offer, to help add to that "home like" atmosphere is our friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming staff. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were delighted.

I wish we could have also made the weather a little warmer during your visit. While true the temperatures during your stay are not unusual for Montrose, it has been awhile since we have experienced them, and some of our heating units were protesting they had to work so hard. I am pleased that everything else you experienced outshines this one negative for you. When the overall experience was more than enough to have you say you will stay again, then we know we have succeeded in true guest satisfaction. Our doors are always open to you and your family, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Again, thank you for starting our new year out on a positive note.

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Really impressed - room was clean and spacious, terrific grounds, nice hot tub, terrific breakfast and friendly staff. Glad we stopped on a whim. Although it's right on the highway it has great grassy open space to the back. Likely a great place for dogs if you're traveling with your pet. Seems to have a nice event venue as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Carol T,

I am glad that you decided to stop for the night as well! Thank you for so much for the great review and for sharing it with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with all we have to offer. Our entire staff works very hard to go above and beyond to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. We hope the next time you are here you can stay awhile longer. Again thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion, we appreciate you.

Aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My family, including my parents, have been staying at the Red Arrow for years. Never had a problem as it is family owned and cared for. Great breakfast in a great facility which is separate from the guest rooms.......you do not awaken to the smell of burnt Belgian waffles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Addison T,

From myself and my staff, thank you for the review. We so enjoy seeing you and your parents every time you visit. We are very glad you have chosen us as your home away from home over the years. We appreciate you and your loyalty! We wish you and your family all the best through the Holiday season, and we hope to see you soon!

Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on 10/27/12.2 rooms 4 people.Rooms were spacious clean and comfortable.Great breakfast and chocolate chip cookies waiting for us at checkin!!Also I want to commend the young lady who was on duty when we checked in about 530pm.Very friendly and helpful!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear jmte2424,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our property. We love to hear the word "Excellent", especially when it is combined with the words spacious, clean and comfortable! Your remarks have made the day of my entire staff, and proves that we are working in the right direction to provide superior customer care to all of our guests on a daily basis. I have passed along your remarks to the young lady who had the pleasure of greeting you on arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back, the next time you are in beautiful Montrose, Colorado.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

SIncerely

S. Flynn

Been to Red Arrow Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!