“Clean, updated, and wonderful service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Arrow Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Red Arrow Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 East Main Street, Montrose, CO 81401-3811 (Formerly Best Western Red Arrow)   |
Special Price
$10 off room rate
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Longmont, Colorado
“Clean, updated, and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was the reviews from others that lead us to this great hotel (motel) in Montrose. To be honest, I was a bit worried about the quality. I tend to be very picky about the rooms I stay in and am very uncomfortable in old and dirty places. This place was great. The rooms are very spacious and newly updated. The pillows are full and comfortable. The bathroom is clean and updated. A clean bathroom is also very important to me, particularly the tile. I was impressed with the shower and how clean the grout was. I believe it was still fairly new. The towels were without stains (a big plus!). Even the t.v. remote was clean! I usually have to use baby wipes and sanitizer on the remote before I will pick it up, but this one was not dirty! The only drawback was that the heating system was lacking and in need of an update; even after three hours of running it on high heat, the room was intolerably cold. We were there on New Year's Eve and the high that day was 20 degrees (not unusual for Montrose).

I also give the staff kudos for outstanding service. I was greeted very pleasantly by the desk clerk who treated me like a friend, asking little questions and ensuring my stay would be comfortable. She also checked to make sure we were okay with a ground-floor room and that the location was acceptable. (This is not a hotel with hallways, but rather the rooms open directly to the parking lot.) The next morning, as my husband and I headed out for breakfast, an employee was out in 7 degree weather (!) brushing the snow and scraping the ice off the cars off all the hotel guests!

The "continental" breakfast was more than continental. They had a great selection of hot dishes to make yourself, including omlets (with all the fixin's), belgian waffles (sweet and delicious) with a choice of syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, a variety of juices, coffee and hot chocolate. The place was clean and organized. It was, however, incredibly cold, despite the placement of space heaters and an open oven door. This would be my only complaint, and it is a minor one at that.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and I would definitely stay there again. The value for the money is excellent and the friendly staff is just the icing on the cake!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Shauna C,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We absolutely love when reviews from previous guests bring us new ones! We were truly pleased to read your review and find you enjoyed all we have to offer.

At the Red Arrow guests are encouraged to feel comfortable and at home. One of the best amenities we offer, to help add to that "home like" atmosphere is our friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming staff. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were delighted.

I wish we could have also made the weather a little warmer during your visit. While true the temperatures during your stay are not unusual for Montrose, it has been awhile since we have experienced them, and some of our heating units were protesting they had to work so hard. I am pleased that everything else you experienced outshines this one negative for you. When the overall experience was more than enough to have you say you will stay again, then we know we have succeeded in true guest satisfaction. Our doors are always open to you and your family, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Again, thank you for starting our new year out on a positive note.

S. Flynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Really impressed - room was clean and spacious, terrific grounds, nice hot tub, terrific breakfast and friendly staff. Glad we stopped on a whim. Although it's right on the highway it has great grassy open space to the back. Likely a great place for dogs if you're traveling with your pet. Seems to have a nice event venue as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Carol T,

I am glad that you decided to stop for the night as well! Thank you for so much for the great review and for sharing it with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guests, and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay along with all we have to offer. Our entire staff works very hard to go above and beyond to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable. We hope the next time you are here you can stay awhile longer. Again thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion, we appreciate you.

Aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My family, including my parents, have been staying at the Red Arrow for years. Never had a problem as it is family owned and cared for. Great breakfast in a great facility which is separate from the guest rooms.......you do not awaken to the smell of burnt Belgian waffles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Addison T,

From myself and my staff, thank you for the review. We so enjoy seeing you and your parents every time you visit. We are very glad you have chosen us as your home away from home over the years. We appreciate you and your loyalty! We wish you and your family all the best through the Holiday season, and we hope to see you soon!

Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on 10/27/12.2 rooms 4 people.Rooms were spacious clean and comfortable.Great breakfast and chocolate chip cookies waiting for us at checkin!!Also I want to commend the young lady who was on duty when we checked in about 530pm.Very friendly and helpful!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear jmte2424,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our property. We love to hear the word "Excellent", especially when it is combined with the words spacious, clean and comfortable! Your remarks have made the day of my entire staff, and proves that we are working in the right direction to provide superior customer care to all of our guests on a daily basis. I have passed along your remarks to the young lady who had the pleasure of greeting you on arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back, the next time you are in beautiful Montrose, Colorado.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

SIncerely

Port Orchard, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have cancer and have frequent bowel movements. My first night stay I had a nearly overflowing toilet because it would not flush completely. When I called the office and told them about it the next morning they said that they would take care of it. Not so. I called again in the evening and the night clerk did the best that she could do, but to no solution.

Needs better maintenance.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room. Make sure the toilet works.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear danra995,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I was the one who came to your room and worked on your toilet the second night, did you still have trouble with it afterwards? As I explained the room you were in has a water saver toilet,you are correct in that it was not working correctly, but I had hoped that I had been able to get it working a little more smoothly for you. Obviously we greatly missed the mark in your satisfaction during your stay and for that I am truly sorry. Maintenance should have been able to offer you a resolution to the problem the first time, so you would not still had to struggle with it and make a second call. You can be assured that I will be taking the time to go over our preventive maintenance measures with my Maintenance staff.
Please know that I will be adding additional points to your rewards account for the difficulty. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back as our guest, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior guest experience.

If I can provide further assistance, or you have further suggestions or comments please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

SIncerely,

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very good value with lots of pluses. At check-in, a plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies were waiting for us. The two rooms we rented were clean and pleasantly furnished. The breakfast was complimentary and was fantastic. There was make it yourself omelets, waffles, sausages, fruit, pastry. There was very high value for a very reasonable price. Also a number of restaurants in walking distance. It was convenient to the Black Canyons of the Gunnisons National Park. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms in back have a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Pat102,.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Black Canyon National Park, it is a great time of year for it. We are honored and very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Red Arrow. I will be sharing your very nice comments with my Breakfast hostess and the entire staff, so they are aware that all of the hard work they do every day has made an impact. You are welcome anytime, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in beautiful Montrose!

Thank you again for taking the time to share with us. We appreciate you and your business.

S.Flynn
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The motel is divided into different sections. As we parked at the section we were assigned to, the parking lot was full of mud. That mud carried into the entryway of the building, up the stairs and through the hallway. It was dried and chunky so it had been there for awhile (and was still there when we checked out the next morning). Our room was large, dark, old-old TV, carpet worn and icky. Heating /cooling system very poor and rattled.
Bedspreads were dated and I just didn't feel good about them ( took them off the beds). Mirror and light bulbs in bathroom dusty and water spoted.
Really, I'm not sure why we stayed !? I was creeped out all night. The breakfast was pretty good but the room was to small for the size of Motel. Not near enought places for people to sit.
This cost us $102.00. I'm NOT staying at a BW again !!!!

Room Tip: Montrose, is a great town with lots of motel/hotel. Don't wait till the day you get onto town...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear basilbug,

Thank you for your review of our property. It is very important to us that each guest have an enjoyable stay while at our Hotel. I would like to take the time to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, and hope you were able to see the Black Canyon while here. I would like to assure you that I have taken note of your comments, and these issues will certainly be looked into. We are in the process of upgrading our TV's and hope to have new flat screens in all remaining rooms before the new year. I am sorry if you found the room small, and the seating inadequate, our rooms have always been praised as large, comfortable and spacious. I wish that you had let us know of your disappoinment when you reached your room, as we would have been happy to move you to a room more to your liking.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and hope this occassion does not deter you from staying at Best Western again.

S. Flynn

Been to Red Arrow Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!