“Been there many times.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Arrow Inn & Suites

You added Red Arrow Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Red Arrow Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1702 East Main Street, Montrose, CO 81401-3811 (Formerly Best Western Red Arrow)   |
Offers & Announcements
$10 off room rate
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Montrose
GreenLeadersBronze level
Aurora
“Been there many times.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My family, including my parents, have been staying at the Red Arrow for years. Never had a problem as it is family owned and cared for. Great breakfast in a great facility which is separate from the guest rooms.......you do not awaken to the smell of burnt Belgian waffles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Addison T,

From myself and my staff, thank you for the review. We so enjoy seeing you and your parents every time you visit. We are very glad you have chosen us as your home away from home over the years. We appreciate you and your loyalty! We wish you and your family all the best through the Holiday season, and we hope to see you soon!

S. Flynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here on 10/27/12.2 rooms 4 people.Rooms were spacious clean and comfortable.Great breakfast and chocolate chip cookies waiting for us at checkin!!Also I want to commend the young lady who was on duty when we checked in about 530pm.Very friendly and helpful!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear jmte2424,

I would like to thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our property. We love to hear the word "Excellent", especially when it is combined with the words spacious, clean and comfortable! Your remarks have made the day of my entire staff, and proves that we are working in the right direction to provide superior customer care to all of our guests on a daily basis. I have passed along your remarks to the young lady who had the pleasure of greeting you on arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back, the next time you are in beautiful Montrose, Colorado.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

SIncerely

Port Orchard, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have cancer and have frequent bowel movements. My first night stay I had a nearly overflowing toilet because it would not flush completely. When I called the office and told them about it the next morning they said that they would take care of it. Not so. I called again in the evening and the night clerk did the best that she could do, but to no solution.

Needs better maintenance.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room. Make sure the toilet works.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear danra995,

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I was the one who came to your room and worked on your toilet the second night, did you still have trouble with it afterwards? As I explained the room you were in has a water saver toilet,you are correct in that it was not working correctly, but I had hoped that I had been able to get it working a little more smoothly for you. Obviously we greatly missed the mark in your satisfaction during your stay and for that I am truly sorry. Maintenance should have been able to offer you a resolution to the problem the first time, so you would not still had to struggle with it and make a second call. You can be assured that I will be taking the time to go over our preventive maintenance measures with my Maintenance staff.
Please know that I will be adding additional points to your rewards account for the difficulty. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back as our guest, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior guest experience.

If I can provide further assistance, or you have further suggestions or comments please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

SIncerely,

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very good value with lots of pluses. At check-in, a plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies were waiting for us. The two rooms we rented were clean and pleasantly furnished. The breakfast was complimentary and was fantastic. There was make it yourself omelets, waffles, sausages, fruit, pastry. There was very high value for a very reasonable price. Also a number of restaurants in walking distance. It was convenient to the Black Canyons of the Gunnisons National Park. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms in back have a nice view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Pat102,.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Black Canyon National Park, it is a great time of year for it. We are honored and very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Red Arrow. I will be sharing your very nice comments with my Breakfast hostess and the entire staff, so they are aware that all of the hard work they do every day has made an impact. You are welcome anytime, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in beautiful Montrose!

Thank you again for taking the time to share with us. We appreciate you and your business.

S.Flynn
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The motel is divided into different sections. As we parked at the section we were assigned to, the parking lot was full of mud. That mud carried into the entryway of the building, up the stairs and through the hallway. It was dried and chunky so it had been there for awhile (and was still there when we checked out the next morning). Our room was large, dark, old-old TV, carpet worn and icky. Heating /cooling system very poor and rattled.
Bedspreads were dated and I just didn't feel good about them ( took them off the beds). Mirror and light bulbs in bathroom dusty and water spoted.
Really, I'm not sure why we stayed !? I was creeped out all night. The breakfast was pretty good but the room was to small for the size of Motel. Not near enought places for people to sit.
This cost us $102.00. I'm NOT staying at a BW again !!!!

Room Tip: Montrose, is a great town with lots of motel/hotel. Don't wait till the day you get onto town...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear basilbug,

Thank you for your review of our property. It is very important to us that each guest have an enjoyable stay while at our Hotel. I would like to take the time to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, and hope you were able to see the Black Canyon while here. I would like to assure you that I have taken note of your comments, and these issues will certainly be looked into. We are in the process of upgrading our TV's and hope to have new flat screens in all remaining rooms before the new year. I am sorry if you found the room small, and the seating inadequate, our rooms have always been praised as large, comfortable and spacious. I wish that you had let us know of your disappoinment when you reached your room, as we would have been happy to move you to a room more to your liking.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, and hope this occassion does not deter you from staying at Best Western again.

Clio, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised upon stepping into our room (which was upgraded for free by the person on duty at the desk) to find a very spacious room that was well appointed with a whirlpool tub and separate walk-in shower, HOWEVER, the air conditioner/heating unit was the LOUDEST I have ever encountered! The room was quite warm so we tried to have it on even at bed time - sounded like a semi-truck was parked just outside the window. Needless to say, it was a less than restful nights' sleep.

Breakfast looked better than average upon arriving at the room where it was being served. Again, it disappointed. The waffle maker needs to be replaced as everyone who had tried it told us the same thing - no matter what you do to it, it sticks (big time, as in you get shredded pieces of waffle). They also have omelette makers and some fresh items to put in them - takes about 10 minutes (sign says 3-4 minutes). Perhaps that could be replaced as well? Regular coffee had run out and there was no attendant to be found (about 8:30 a.m.)

Choice of restaurants is extremely limited at this end of town.

Room Tip: Be sure not to take room 207!! Terrible noisy air conditioner!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BWMontrose, General Manager at Red Arrow Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Carol H,

On behalf of myself and my staff I would like to apologize that we did not leave you with a memorable experience of your stay here. Please know that I have already had my Maintenance staff check the Air Conditioning in the room and will have it fixed immediately, so that no other guest experiences a restless night as you did. I very much appreciate your honest review, the comments about breakfast, and your entire experience as our guest. I will be sharing them with all departments. We always enjoy the feedback from our guests, good or bad, as it gives us a chance to see what areas we need to improve upon. And there is always room for improvement! We would be honored to have you as our guest anytime you are in Montrose, so that next time we CAN leave you with a memorable experience of the Red Arrow and all we have to offer.

Beccles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great place to stay and a particular pleasure because it was so unexpected to find something so good! Our room was fabulous and included a jacuzzi. The whole place was perfectly clean, very comfortable with very helpful receptionists and staff - and a particularly good breakfast. There is a great swimming pool as well. This place represents exceptional value for money. And the Red Bull restaurant just down the road does very good food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Arrow Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!