“Old place - decent.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Montrose B&B and Inns
Texas
“Old place - decent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very old but some recent remodeling.
Employees
could not have been more friendly.
My buddies and I stayed here while on a bicycle tour so we were really just looking for a shower and a bed.
It certainly served the purpose.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hays
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I called Jodi at Affordable Inns about four months prior to our daughters wedding to hold rooms. They were very gracious and held all the rooms without taking any deposit. They were very patient with me calling numberous times to check on rooms etc. When we arrived all of our rooms were ready and All of the staff front desk, housekeeping, maintenance as well as Jodi the owner was very welcoming. We decended on this hotel in full force! The rooms were beautiful we stayed in the suite which was liking a home away from home. All of my family and wedding guests throughly enjoyed are stay and were sad to leave! Only suggestion I would have is for bigger bath towels other than that the experience was the BEST! We will definately stay here every time we go to see our daughter and new son in law! Thanks Affordable Inn of Montrose!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
fortville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The rooms were clean and comfortable , the pool is outside and nice.and they had treats for our little dog. Our hosts , Jody and John Holland were the very best. If you stay at this place and we highly recommend it , be sure to shake hands with Henry , he is a very friendly and outgoing person , Also Gladys went out of her way with a big smile and kind words. People like these make our trip more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more excited about your wonderful family event! Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about your stay and our property. : )
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Unbelievable price. $68 per night plus tax came to $74! Pool was sparkling...room was spotless and included fridge, micro, great TV channels, and easy to access internet.

The best part of this experience was the professional and friendly staffer at the resgistration desk. I have been traveling and staying in motels for eight nights. This was by far the best experience. I can't believe the room for this price.

I would love to stay here another night.

Room Tip: Do not bother checking around. I spent valuable time doing so and regret it. This motel is by far...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We work hard every day to make sure that our guests enjoy themselves and it is always wonderful to see that our hard work shows through our guests satisfaction. We will see you on your way back through Montrose!
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Evident that owners are trying. Checked in by a grandmother. Initial problem with air conditioner was quickly resolved. Room was clean and quaintly decorated. Bed was comfortable but oddly located next to air conditioner. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came in for a funeral recently and a fame member recommended that we stay at the Affordable inns, great choice as it was a cozy , family oriented motel. The staff was more then generous with helping our stay be as comfy as possible. The lobby was brand new as the front desk clerk explained that they had a fire last year. Our room was freshly painted and smelled new. I highly recommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed May 2012
Montrose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I read some of the other comments and was a little upset by them. I was let know upon checkin in the tent that the hotel was recovering from a fire eariler in the year, and was given the opprotunity to stay or not check in. I was impressed they were still in operation. I thought it was a unique way to handle what was clearly a rough situtation. The tents outside were beautiful, the pool was redone when I got there and was able to swim in it. Breadfast outside was very unique. The rooms were in semi good condition considering all the attention was going to getting the office rebuilt. I stayed two weeks and would go back if I needed to.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your understanding as our proerty endured such a very hard year after the Arson fire. We really appreciate your comments and have taken them to heart. : )

Been to Affordable Inns? Share your experiences!