“Quaint cottage like in a motel setting” 4 of 5 stars

Affordable Inns
1480 S. Townsend Ave, Montrose, CO 81401   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Montrose B&B and Inns
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“Quaint cottage like in a motel setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Evident that owners are trying. Checked in by a grandmother. Initial problem with air conditioner was quickly resolved. Room was clean and quaintly decorated. Bed was comfortable but oddly located next to air conditioner. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came in for a funeral recently and a fame member recommended that we stay at the Affordable inns, great choice as it was a cozy , family oriented motel. The staff was more then generous with helping our stay be as comfy as possible. The lobby was brand new as the front desk clerk explained that they had a fire last year. Our room was freshly painted and smelled new. I highly recommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed May 2012
Montrose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I read some of the other comments and was a little upset by them. I was let know upon checkin in the tent that the hotel was recovering from a fire eariler in the year, and was given the opprotunity to stay or not check in. I was impressed they were still in operation. I thought it was a unique way to handle what was clearly a rough situtation. The tents outside were beautiful, the pool was redone when I got there and was able to swim in it. Breadfast outside was very unique. The rooms were in semi good condition considering all the attention was going to getting the office rebuilt. I stayed two weeks and would go back if I needed to.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your understanding as our proerty endured such a very hard year after the Arson fire. We really appreciate your comments and have taken them to heart. : )
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Our socks kept sticking to the carpet. The furniture was soiled and torn. The Wifi didn't work-couldn't get online at all. The bed was uncomfortable. People sat outside of their rooms in their robes on plastic chairs smoking at all hours. Still, the hosts were friendly. Paid twice what we paid for other rooms of much higher quality on this trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am very disheartened to hear that your stay was less than desireable. In 2011, we fell victim to an arson fire which impacted our business everyday during its long road to recovery. We appreciate your comments and will do our best to earn your business in the future!
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Depressing dump, and overpriced. Supposed to be a queen bed--was a double with a Queen headboard. Dirty q-tip on floor. No washcloth, no Kleenex in box. Of the three lamps, two were broken. Very small continental breakfast at 8 am, too little too late. Friendly desk hostess, but this place was bad.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than desireable. As you know, our Corporation and Motel suffered a huge loss when we fell Victims of Arson in April of 2011. As a result of the fire, all areas of operation in our small company were impacted. We did our best everyday to meet the demands of our business, and we apologize if we fell short. We have since been in recovery mode, and both our Montrose and Grand Junction locations are once again in beautiful shape. Please come again- and see the great work we have done. Thank you for your comments, they are very appreciated!
Steamboat Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

New Owners now has long term renters. DIRTY thin walls lose plaster in shower. I used to stay here when visiting friends in town and they had to many people. Over the Xmas Holiday it was a total mess. I moved once to a room with no coffee machine or alarm clock. I was told cant do any thing about it. It was not worth the CHEAP rate I paid

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of the terrible time you had while staying with us. Please know that we do value your opinion and appreciate your comments. We will continue to update, revitalize, and improve our property and our staff. Your comments have been well received, and we are working diligently everyday to re-earn your business. Thank you.
Lyons, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

I booked a room which included the kitchenette, received a confirming e mail notice, bought groceries, loaded up and drove 400 miles to find out they had given this room to someone else. Offered nothing except a regular room at the same rate.
Affordable Inns lost my business forever!
To bad they don't understand the value of business clients. I had booked the room for a week stay with 2 guests and during the week Ianded a larger job which will require longer stays with more of my guys.

I was able to get better accomodations at a far better rate from another hotel which welcomes customers instead of dismissing them. I will now be giving my business to them.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
jody h, Owner at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We have made many improvements to our property and are confident that if you ever do choose to return, that you would find that this property, along with its staff, shows the true pride of ownership. We are very sorry to hear of your terrible stay... and wanted you to know that we would love to prove our worthiness to you if ever given the chance. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Affordable Inns? Share your experiences!