“The best hotel in Grand Junction.... is in Montrose. Just perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Montrose

Special Offer
Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Montrose
Cortez, Colorado
“The best hotel in Grand Junction.... is in Montrose. Just perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I know my title doesn't make much sense.... If you had stayed in the Grand Junction Hotels that I have, it would make perfect sense; because they were all pretty bad.

The Hampton Inn Montrose is worth the 52 extra miles... especially if you don't need to stay in GJ.

For a start the hotel is PERFECT for access to the airport... literally walking distance.

The hotel is one of a handful of "Hometown Hiltons"... the rooms are 20% smaller than a typical Hampton Inn, and the property has a "smaller footprint"... but smaller doesn't mean less comfort, not at all.

The updated rooms were cozy and stylish... had showers instead of bathtubs and queen beds instead of kings, there was a flat screen TV and modern solid furniture.

The pool was perfect, although a bit short for actual laps.

The hot tub was a dream... it was hot, and had jets that worked (something Grand Junction hotels don't seem to have in their "hot tubs" is working jets)

The room was very clean, and they had bacon on the buffet.

My AAA rate of $87 was totally worth it.

This is one of the better hotels in Western Colorado.... and no hokey "dead animal" decor either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking you time to post a review.

Our Team takes pride on going the extra "smile" to ensure that our guests have a great stay in our beautiful Montrose, CO
It is always great to hear that you will be willing to drive the extra miles to stay with us and that we are delivering the service you expected. Thank you for your kind words, about our property and our staff, we really appreciated.

Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any suggestions that will help us improve the guest experience.

"We love having you here"

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A good place to stay on a visit to this area of Colorado or a visit to the Black Canyon Natl Park. A typical Hampton Inn in many ways but an exceptional staff does a lot of little things to make your stay more welcoming and enjoyable. Very clean rooms and a good breakfast are two pluses here. Bottom Line: no negatives here!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for posting a review and for your kind words for our team.
The staff here really does make a difference, they never hesitate in going the extra mile ( or the extra smile) to help make your stay as pleasant as possible. I'm really glad you had the opportunity to experience it.
I also hope that you enjoyed the Montrose area and the Black Canyon ( it is a beauty isn't it?).
Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or questions. We love having you here!

Kingsport, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Montrose for visiting the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was a good base for the park. The hotel was very clean, the room quiet and the king sized bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a typicaly Hampton Inn breakfast with several choices including fresh fruit. There were cookies in the afternoon as well. We made use of the guest laundry which was very convenient. The hotel is next to the airport but there wasn't a problem with airplane noise. No view from the hotel-our room looked out on dumpsters. Hotel price seemed a little high-we payed about $150 per night in September, but would return as we had no issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write a review we really appreciate it.
We are very happy to hear that you had a good stay and hope that you enjoyed the beatiful Black Canyon National Park.
We are very lucky that even in a location so close from the airport ( walking distance), we barely hear any noise, airport related.
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding our property and service. There is always room for improvement!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I chose this hotel for a business stay because I like to make sure that I get a few things - clean/comfortable room & bed, wifi, hot breakfast, etc. Well, I did get those but there were a few things I was not happy about regarding this hotel - Pillows (about as uncomfortable as anything I've ever tried to sleep on) & Noise (I could here not just every sound in the hall way and upstairs but also the running water/sewer through the pipes inside the walls from people taking showers above me). Not the worst stay ever but when you pay extra, these can be extremely annoying! The location is also on the extreme north end of town when everything else in town is at the far south end. Probably wouldn't spend the extra $ to stay here again! Good cookies at the front desk though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review, we really appreciate the feedback.
Per Hampton Standards we have two feather pillows and two firm pillows in each bed, I'm really sorry neither pillow type fit your needs. I'll forward your concerns to Hilton Corporate as they are always willing to hear guest feedback regarding their product and guest satisfaction.
We always suggest that guests that are more sensitive to the building noises to request the upper floor, if you are an Hilton Honors member that can be put on your profile and every time you stay at any Hilton Property, your preferences will be taken into account when rooms are been assigned, if you are not a Hilton Honors member just mention your preferences at reservation time and your preferences will be taken into account as well.

Again, thank you for your feedback and your business.

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is above average Hampton Inn primarily because of its staff. The front desk welcomed me as HHonors member and there was a welcome letter also in the room. They really seem to appreciate loyalty of their guests. The hotel is well maintained with very clean rooms and public areas. The room size is decent and everything was in a perfect working condition. The breakfast was OK ... similar to other Hampton Inns.
There are two reasons why I rate this hotel only as "very good". First, there was no fridge in the room which is quite unusual in Hamptonn Inns, second, the internet access is very slow. Other than that I can only recommend it for a stay in Montrose.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. You are right, we really appreciate the loyalty of our guests and we thrive on earning it every day! I would like to use this opportunity to address the very fair comments you made regarding room amenities and internet speed.
Due to our hotel size (Hometown model) we do not have microwave and refrigerators in the rooms, but we can put then into the rooms upon request and free of charge, I’m really sorry we fail to inform you about that. Our internet speed is also been addressed as we are upgrading our broadband, perhaps next time you visit our "corner" of the world you will be able to experience it!
Please do not hesitate in contact me if you have any questions, concerns, ideas and/or suggestions, anything that can help us improve our service to you and make your next stay at the beautiful Montrose, CO feel more like home.

Thank you again for your feedback and Business!

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is amazing. We are Hilton Honors members so when we booked in there was a welcome letter in our room with our name on it and sticky notes on the bed stating that the bedding, including comforter was fresh and clean. The room also smelled very clean! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel has fresh coffee available 24hours a day, breakfast included with your stay and fresh hot cookies when you check in! The breakfast is everything you can imagine including french toast sticks for the kids, fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, yougurt, sausage, bages, toast and danish. Everything about this hotel including the price is just perfect. I would definitely recommed it if you are staying in Montrose.

Room Tip: every room in this hotel is a great room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write a review, we really appreciated the kind words and we are happy to hear that you had a good time at our property and we hope that you had a good time at the Montrose Golf Courses as well!
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any sugestions on how to improve our services to you, we would love to see you again next time you hit the "links" on our beautiful Montrose, CO.

Longmont, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am in Montrose monthly and have found this to be a very nice place to stay, good service and clean rooms. The snag is that one of the reasons that I stay at Hamptons when I travel is the breakfast. My visit this week and three weeks ago were the same at breakfast. There is a nice, shiny stainless steel chafing dish with tempting signs telling you about the tasty omelets, hardwood smoked bacon, scrambled eggs and other hearty foundations for a busy day. And on both visits they were empty. Three weeks ago, I was in a bit of a hurry, so I had toast and left. But this week, I stuck around to watch. I arrived at 7:00 straight up, and by the time I left at 7:26, no one even looked inside, not once, except for guests. And they all had the same kind of bewildered look that I had three weeks ago. I've never experienced this in any Hampton anywhere else in the country, and here it's been twice. Since the "hot breakfast" is one of the main marketing devices used by Hamptons, I would think that something more than an accidental continental breakfast would be in line. I know nothing is free, and the price of the breakfast is in the room rate; but if this is what I'm paying for, than a voucher for McDonalds would be a lot cheaper. I will be in Montrose again in September; I'm thinking that Holiday Inn Express may get a test.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the "heads up" about the breakfast delay on checking/replacing the hot items, I personally talked to the Breakfast Hostess about your feedback because a lot of guests, just like you, are looking forward to have breakfast timely so they will not be late for work meetings or scheduled appointments and any delay can make a difference on how they experience our wonderful breakfast. Our Breakfast hostesses are also trained to assist you and your breakfast needs on demand, so please do not hesitate in request their atention if you have any special requests.

Thank you very much for your feedback and business.

Happy Travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Montrose? Share your experiences!