“Good Hampton Inn experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Montrose
Kingsport, TN
“Good Hampton Inn experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Montrose for visiting the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It was a good base for the park. The hotel was very clean, the room quiet and the king sized bed was comfortable. Breakfast was a typicaly Hampton Inn breakfast with several choices including fresh fruit. There were cookies in the afternoon as well. We made use of the guest laundry which was very convenient. The hotel is next to the airport but there wasn't a problem with airplane noise. No view from the hotel-our room looked out on dumpsters. Hotel price seemed a little high-we payed about $150 per night in September, but would return as we had no issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write a review we really appreciate it.
We are very happy to hear that you had a good stay and hope that you enjoyed the beatiful Black Canyon National Park.
We are very lucky that even in a location so close from the airport ( walking distance), we barely hear any noise, airport related.
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any questions or suggestions regarding our property and service. There is always room for improvement!

Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I chose this hotel for a business stay because I like to make sure that I get a few things - clean/comfortable room & bed, wifi, hot breakfast, etc. Well, I did get those but there were a few things I was not happy about regarding this hotel - Pillows (about as uncomfortable as anything I've ever tried to sleep on) & Noise (I could here not just every sound in the hall way and upstairs but also the running water/sewer through the pipes inside the walls from people taking showers above me). Not the worst stay ever but when you pay extra, these can be extremely annoying! The location is also on the extreme north end of town when everything else in town is at the far south end. Probably wouldn't spend the extra $ to stay here again! Good cookies at the front desk though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review, we really appreciate the feedback.
Per Hampton Standards we have two feather pillows and two firm pillows in each bed, I'm really sorry neither pillow type fit your needs. I'll forward your concerns to Hilton Corporate as they are always willing to hear guest feedback regarding their product and guest satisfaction.
We always suggest that guests that are more sensitive to the building noises to request the upper floor, if you are an Hilton Honors member that can be put on your profile and every time you stay at any Hilton Property, your preferences will be taken into account when rooms are been assigned, if you are not a Hilton Honors member just mention your preferences at reservation time and your preferences will be taken into account as well.

Again, thank you for your feedback and your business.

Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is above average Hampton Inn primarily because of its staff. The front desk welcomed me as HHonors member and there was a welcome letter also in the room. They really seem to appreciate loyalty of their guests. The hotel is well maintained with very clean rooms and public areas. The room size is decent and everything was in a perfect working condition. The breakfast was OK ... similar to other Hampton Inns.
There are two reasons why I rate this hotel only as "very good". First, there was no fridge in the room which is quite unusual in Hamptonn Inns, second, the internet access is very slow. Other than that I can only recommend it for a stay in Montrose.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. You are right, we really appreciate the loyalty of our guests and we thrive on earning it every day! I would like to use this opportunity to address the very fair comments you made regarding room amenities and internet speed.
Due to our hotel size (Hometown model) we do not have microwave and refrigerators in the rooms, but we can put then into the rooms upon request and free of charge, I’m really sorry we fail to inform you about that. Our internet speed is also been addressed as we are upgrading our broadband, perhaps next time you visit our "corner" of the world you will be able to experience it!
Please do not hesitate in contact me if you have any questions, concerns, ideas and/or suggestions, anything that can help us improve our service to you and make your next stay at the beautiful Montrose, CO feel more like home.

Thank you again for your feedback and Business!

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is amazing. We are Hilton Honors members so when we booked in there was a welcome letter in our room with our name on it and sticky notes on the bed stating that the bedding, including comforter was fresh and clean. The room also smelled very clean! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel has fresh coffee available 24hours a day, breakfast included with your stay and fresh hot cookies when you check in! The breakfast is everything you can imagine including french toast sticks for the kids, fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, yougurt, sausage, bages, toast and danish. Everything about this hotel including the price is just perfect. I would definitely recommed it if you are staying in Montrose.

Room Tip: every room in this hotel is a great room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write a review, we really appreciated the kind words and we are happy to hear that you had a good time at our property and we hope that you had a good time at the Montrose Golf Courses as well!
Please do not hesitate in contact us if you have any sugestions on how to improve our services to you, we would love to see you again next time you hit the "links" on our beautiful Montrose, CO.

Longmont, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am in Montrose monthly and have found this to be a very nice place to stay, good service and clean rooms. The snag is that one of the reasons that I stay at Hamptons when I travel is the breakfast. My visit this week and three weeks ago were the same at breakfast. There is a nice, shiny stainless steel chafing dish with tempting signs telling you about the tasty omelets, hardwood smoked bacon, scrambled eggs and other hearty foundations for a busy day. And on both visits they were empty. Three weeks ago, I was in a bit of a hurry, so I had toast and left. But this week, I stuck around to watch. I arrived at 7:00 straight up, and by the time I left at 7:26, no one even looked inside, not once, except for guests. And they all had the same kind of bewildered look that I had three weeks ago. I've never experienced this in any Hampton anywhere else in the country, and here it's been twice. Since the "hot breakfast" is one of the main marketing devices used by Hamptons, I would think that something more than an accidental continental breakfast would be in line. I know nothing is free, and the price of the breakfast is in the room rate; but if this is what I'm paying for, than a voucher for McDonalds would be a lot cheaper. I will be in Montrose again in September; I'm thinking that Holiday Inn Express may get a test.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the "heads up" about the breakfast delay on checking/replacing the hot items, I personally talked to the Breakfast Hostess about your feedback because a lot of guests, just like you, are looking forward to have breakfast timely so they will not be late for work meetings or scheduled appointments and any delay can make a difference on how they experience our wonderful breakfast. Our Breakfast hostesses are also trained to assist you and your breakfast needs on demand, so please do not hesitate in request their atention if you have any special requests.

Thank you very much for your feedback and business.

Spencer, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stopped in with no reservations, Lacey was helpful and cheeful. We got a room for one night of our road trip though So Colorado. Nice workout room, pool and hot tub. Quiet and comfy. The breakfast room was busy the next morning, but the attendant ( I didn't catch her name) was helpful and made sure everyone was taken care of. She even offered to make up bags for families traveling with children. Very nice. We left refreshed and ready for the next leg of our trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I'm really glad to hear that we were able to accomodate you and your family, on your trip through our beautiful Montrose, CO. I'm also happy that our team members took care of you and made sure that you had a nice stay and left happy!

Please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions on how we can improve our service.

Thank you for your feedback and business.

We love having you here.

Marshall, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

When in doubt, we always stay at a Hampton and when traveling through Montrose last week, we decided to stay here and were not disappointed. We arrived late in the evening and were greeted by friendly staff. Check in was quick. We were a little concerned about a strong cleaner smell when we entered our rooms but after turning on some air conditioning that rapidly disappeared. We attributed that to the room being closed with no ventilation. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, breakfast good. As with most hampton's, I find the price a little steep but the reliability is worth it. If back in the area we will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
hamptoninnmontrose, General Manager at Hampton Inn Montrose, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your review and your loyalty to the Hampton hotels. I'm glad to hear that our property delivered the consistensy that you expected from us. Regardind the strong smell that you mentioned, we follow a Hilton program called Fresh and Clean and we understand that for people that are more sensible to smells, that can be a bit overpowering sometimes, but like you said it goes away rapidly. We strongly advise our guests that are sensible to smell to please give us call so we can alert the housekeeping staff to prepare their room accordingly.
Thank you for your feedback and business, and please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions.
We love having you here!
Happy Travels!

Been to Hampton Inn Montrose? Share your experiences!