“New Russell Stover gift shop opens” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 Attractions in Montrose
Type: Factory Outlets, Sightseeing Tours
Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“New Russell Stover gift shop opens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Russell Stover recently opened a beautiful new gift shop at its Montrose, Colo. candy plant. In addition to an imposing entrance, the inviting new facility features an impressive front display case with assorted individual candies and baked goods for sale. The expansive shop also offers a wide variety of boxed chocolate candy to suit any taste and budget. A must-see for visitors and residents alike.

Visited February 2013

La Veta, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
“At least I saved some money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had planned to buy about 100 lbs of chocolate, great gifts for friends & family. I checked the web-site to find the hours it's was open and when I got there it was closed; they're building a new store. With the several months involved in building you would think someone would have updated the web site. I stopped at the Montrose Visitor Center and they had no information as to when the building would be complete or a projected opening date. Russell Stover, you dropped the ball on this, big-time.

Visited November 2012
Arvada, Colorado
55 attraction reviews
“Large store to explore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The retail store is in front of the factory and offers a large selection of candies, chocolates and more. There is an ice cream parlor inside as well. Unfortunately, the factory does not offer tours. That would have been a real treat.

Visited March 2012
“A fun place to explore for chocolate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

I have driven by the store and never stopped. This time I did stop and my wife and I both made purchases of some of our favorite candys. Many of the items were at reduced prices.
It was a fun break in our travels that day.

Costa Mesa, CA
12 attraction reviews
“I can't believe it took me 22 years to finally stop in here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Sad to say that I passed by Russell Stover for decades when we'd stay with family in Montrose and never stopped! Boy was I missing out - maybe I'm glad I passed it up, because now when I drive by, the candy and ice cream call out to me...buy me, eat me! So glad I finally discovered what was inside that huge warehouse looking building. The ice cream is worth the stop - maybe don't even tempt yourself by going through the whole store, shoot strait for the ice cream.

Visited August 2011